Garnishment - After 30 Times Minimum Wage

zamber

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Below it says amount over $942.50 (30 times Federal minimum wage), will be garnished. Up to $942.50 not garnished.
Does this mean if the person makes $942.50 nothing is garnished, then he works extra and makes $100 extra ( $1,042.50 per month), will the ENTIRE $100 extra be garnished? Or does it mean a percent of that $100?
If all of the $100 is garnished, then it means the person works for free if he puts in extra hours, right?
Federal student loan administrative garnishment.

More than $942.50 but less than $1256.66:
Amount ABOVE $942.50

$1256.66 or more:
MAXIMUM 25%

Below it says amount over $942.50 (30 times Federal minimum wage), will be garnished. Up to $942.50 not garnished.

Your IP addy reveals you're posting from Bradenton, FL, yet you claim you're asking questions for the state of GA.

To receive accurate responses you must provide accurate information.

There is no context (or validation) for/about the information posted in the graphic.

I suggest you seek clarification from your lawyer or the agency (entity) that will be levying against your wages.

You can also speak with the person or department within the organization where you're employed that processes levies against employees' wages.

You might find this helpful:
===============================
If multiple federal student loan holders are seeking wage garnishment, the total cannot exceed the lesser of 25 percent or the amount by which your disposable income exceeds 30 times the federal minimum wage, which is $7.25. For example, if your income is $400 a week after deductions, 25 percent of that is $100.
================================
More explained here:

Can My Student Loan Creditor Garnish My Wages?

Understanding a Wage Garnishment and How To Stop It

Back