garnishing wages for removal of wallpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumsie

I am writing in reference to civil case #0804-0004114-2007 dated June 18, 2008. I lived at 2 mill paint ln apt 2d , owings mills md 21117 for several years and I signed a month to month lease ending in around 2004. In the contract it stated I did not have to give a 30 day notice and I gave them a 2 week notice. The Painters Mill apt complex kept my security deposit of $700 as a result. I had painted one wall in bedroom and put up wallpaper border, wall papered one bath and put up wall paper border in another bath, painted one wall of the dining room and kitchen and put border up in kitchen. The lease did state that I was not allowed to do this , so when judgment was served to charge me for removing I agreed. I did not think keeping my deposit was totally fair as I was on month to month lease and moved out and gave notice 2 weeks prior to present month that I had already paid for . They contacted a collection lawyer , Bilbaum, which I agreed to pay for removal of wallpaper. The apartments are repainted after every tenant moves out, so I did not think it fair to charge me for painting over what I had painted, but I would agree to paying to remove wallpaper, which I feel I have more than paid for already. My rent was due on the 15th of the month and I had already paid for the last month and moved out before that date expired, but they kept my security deposit anyway. I paid the atty for one year at $80 a month, which I felt more than exceeded what I owed for what they called damages (removing wallpaper). I left my apartment in immaculate condition other than the little painting and wallpapering I did.
Now they have filed a judgement against me and are trying to garnish my wages for more money for the "damages" and I am contesting this motion.
I am writing to vacate this judgment and stop any garnishment of wages due to the lease had not expired before I moved out of apartment and they already had the money and charged me for another full month. As far as removing the little wallpaper I put up , I have more than paid for the service it cost to remove! I do not feel I owe anymore money and am being treated unfairly. I left the apartment in immaculate condition and returned the keys along with my note that I was moving. Please contact me at my address or phone as I am seeking your help with this matter. I feel I have been wrongly treated and deserve for this situation to end. Thank you for all your assistance in this matter.
Gail Wilhelm 11 old coach ln unit d owings mills md 21117/ 410-581-3558

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back