Gardianship/custody

N

Noname1800567

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
I am extremely worried about the welfare of my niece.. she has been in my care for a year now. She is currently 5 and headed into kindergarten. Prior to her being in my care her mother was living in another state with her. They moved quite a few times each time moving into a worse situation. While in therror other state her mom was doing methamphetamine via syringes. She came for a two week visit which her mother was supposed to get her life together as she was being kicked out of the home they were staying in at that time. She did not do such. After almost a year I had to go get my niece again because her mother was being "kicked out" again. When I arrived I could tell her mother had been on drugs severely she had been arrested twice on drug charges and had a live in boyfriend and they stayed at another drug addicts house. While in my care for a year her mother continued to do drugs was arrested twice more placed on probation and house arrest still made no attempt to find a job ( being unemployed now 3 years) and stayed in her physical and mental abusive relationship. After he finally beat her to the point she needed to be in the hospital she decided to move here to try to start new. Since being here she has brought the SAME abusive boyfriend back 3 or 4 times not made an attempt at finding employment continued with her addiction (methamphetamine via syringe ) stole from her mother and sister and others neglected to take proper care of her daughter and continues to do so. I fear for my nieces life when the boyfriend is around and fear for her well being at all times. Her mother will most likely not agree with signing any papers or Gardianship over. Is there ANYTHING I can do to help this poor baby girl get the life she needs and deserves?

Based on what you posted, definitely contact CPS. I'm surprised they haven't been contacted already.

Back