GAP insurance non-Payment

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyseifried

I have an auto non-payment issue. My truck was stolen last year and my insurance company paid their part but, the GAP insurance is refusing to pay their part due to the dealership not submitting the new ownership paperwork. I can't get the dealership to help me at all. We were told to put in a complaint with the Motor vehicle department in Arizona and we put that in almost 2 months ago. it has been almost a year now and my husband and I are still paying for a truck that we don't have.
I have the contract for the vehicle that says I purchased the GAP insurance when I bought it. I am not geting help from the dealership or the MVD and don't know where to turn next.

Check with the local magistrate to see the limit in small claims. If it is under that amount, they can give you the forms with instructions so you can sue the dealer and the insurance company. If not, you will have to sue in circuit court. You can do this by yourself but it will take a lot of research. Better to see if you can get the assistance of an attorney. There may be a bad faith claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back