ga dfcs law

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommyof4

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I need to speak with a lawyer on ga dfcs laws, I have been proven non neglectful of my children while I currently have 3 and on Tuesday I'm soon to have a 4th and final child, however my electric got cut off going a 3rd weekend now, I have been keeping my house and children clean an their being kept fed, I need to know can they take my children away from me just due no electricity ?

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't think so. As long as the children are well-taken care of and there is no evidence of neglect or abuse you should be fine.

I've been walking as usual to pick my children up at their school an we go to their cousins house to take bathes and to cook, the only time were is to sleep and get dressed anymore, I also have to care for my disabled aunt, the house still has water, just no electricity, the dfcs here is supposed to be helping us get it on but I haven't heard anything from them on what their gonna do, they sent their supervisor a request on it all , but a lot of us feel their trying to come up with a reason of to take them when theirs not other then weather being cold and them supposed to be pulling some strings to correct what was done wrongly. I got the power cut off before even receiving the bill for it coming the following Saturday and it says on it the disconnect date is the 26th, I don't know any further to do then I'm doing considering our situation of me not having a sitter for my aunt an kids and due to my aunts medical conditions I can't leave her alone for safety reasons currently putting my job on hold since August which is on hold, I haven't been fired or layer off so I can still return, is their anything I can legally do about getting my electric turned on again since its the states fault for turning it off about 20 days too early with a family of medical problems 4 who should be using a nebulizer machine for asthma breathing treatments ?

How is it the state's fault that your power got turned off? If you are dealing with Georgia Power/Southern Company, they usually give two months before you get cut off; if you contact them, they are willing to work with you until the bill gets paid in full. o_O

I need to speak with a lawyer on ga dfcs laws, I have been proven non neglectful of my children while I currently have 3 and on Tuesday I'm soon to have a 4th and final child, however my electric got cut off going a 3rd weekend now, I have been keeping my house and children clean an their being kept fed, I need to know can they take my children away from me just due no electricity ?

Electricity is considered a necessity.
Paying one's utilities is considered neglectful.
Yes, parents can lose custody of their children, if the basic necessities of life can't be maintained.
Perhaps you can speak to a church, a charitable organization (Red Cross, Salvation Army, etc) are known to often help people by paying utility bills, especially when children are involved.

You need to fix your life so that you can keep your kids well fed, clean, safe, sound, and in a decent living environment.

I have been making payments and arranging to do so with the GA state officials office of GA power, I had made an payment one week before they cut it off without receiving a cut off notice or a bill for this month yet even that's how it's ga powers fault, according to the lady who came to my house I'm not neglecting my children since they are happy clean and fed since I'm bringing them to their cousins house daily to bath and for me to cook, if your not a lawyer or with the dfcs stay the hell out of this conversation I came on here to seek advice on things with one and what else I can do that I haven't already been doing not be criticized for the way I'm doing things.

I suggest you pay an attorney for advice, then. AJ IS an attorney/judge and as far as I know, there are no DFCS workers that post on this board.

I suggest you pay an attorney for advice, then. AJ IS an attorney/judge and as far as I know, there are no DFCS workers that post on this board.
Thank you, someone I can actually respect responding. I have been walking directly to my kids cousins house washing my kids an feeding them, I've also been making sure their clothes are kept cleaned by going to the local laundromat. As I said above I had made a payment one week prior to the cut off and didn't even get our monthly bill til the following Saturday and it shows all of that on my bill along with the next disconnect date being the 26th which at the time was about 20 days away, I've never had this happen before and I'm a responsible parent whose never had any problems. On weekends we grill as well. I've went to near everyone local I can to correct this issue, dfcs is supposed to be trying to help as well but hasn't responded yet. I still have my water on and my family is my everything, due to my aunts medical problems she can't be left alone so my job has been put on hold and my position is still being held for my return asap I've had a friend of mine helping with my electric so we've been paying and making arrangements on time I had been told as long as I continue to do so that this wouldn't happen, I still don't understand why it did, we don't have anyone we can depend on otherwise so it's sink or float with it all.

I have been making payments and arranging to do so with the GA state officials office of GA power, I had made an payment one week before they cut it off without receiving a cut off notice or a bill for this month yet even that's how it's ga powers fault, according to the lady who came to my house I'm not neglecting my children since they are happy clean and fed since I'm bringing them to their cousins house daily to bath and for me to cook, if your not a lawyer or with the dfcs stay the hell out of this conversation I came on here to seek advice on things with one and what else I can do that I haven't already been doing not be criticized for the way I'm doing things.

Whoa easy there trigger. You don't need to get all hostile nor tell people not to comment. That's not up to you. You want advice you take what you get. This site is "as is" advice and you can't get legal advice here anyway.

Whoa easy there trigger. You don't need to get all hostile nor tell people not to comment. That's not up to you. You want advice you take what you get. This site is "as is" advice and you can't get legal advice here anyway.
Didn't say not to comment but doing so without knowing any facts or reading on them was wrong of that person to begin with, I came on here for legal advice not someone who doesn't know any of the facts on things to say that it's neglect when my own dfcs case worker says it's not and that I'm doing everything right.

I'm not normal so verbal but when I'm doing everything that I can an what's right with no help even from local organizations which are here for people like me to seek help from then I think you can understand why I am, besides as said above I had just paid them and hadn't even gotten the next bill to make an arrangement with them yet which I'd been doing and paying on time.

Didn't say not to comment but doing so without knowing any facts or reading on them was wrong of that person to begin with, I came on here for legal advice not someone who doesn't know any of the facts on things to say that it's neglect when my own dfcs case worker says it's not and that I'm doing everything right.

I'm sorry you must not have read the disclaimer on the bottom...and yes you did say don't comment.

You can't get legal advice on this page. Go to the bottom and READ the DISCLAIMER. I'm tired of copying and pasting it for people.

Legal Disclaimer: The content appearing on our website is for general information purposes only. When you submit a question or make a comment on our site or in our law forum, you clearly imply that you are interested in receiving answers, opinions and responses from other people. The people providing legal help and who respond are volunteers who may not be lawyers, legal professionals or have any legal training or experience. The law is also subject to change from time to time and legal statutes and regulations vary between states. It is possible that the law may not apply to you and may have changed from the time a post was made. All information available on our site is available on an "AS-IS" basis. It is not a substitute for professional legal assistance. Before making any decision or accepting any legal advice, you should have a proper legal consultation with a licensed attorney with whom you have an attorney-client privilege. For purposes of New York and New Jersey State ethics rules, please take notice that this website and its case reviews may constitute attorney advertising.

If you want actual "legal advice" consult a local Attorney

Bye bye, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back