GA: 91 in a 70

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0pinitr0us

Alrighty i was on i-75 on one of my few days off of work before school started back and i was just going and the road was basically clear and i didnt see any cop in sight so i just sped up to get up to traffic and whatnot and after about 5 mins of driving a cook county sheriff comes out of no where and pulls me over, he told me i was doing 91 in a 70 and he didnt mark it down any... He didnt bother to talk to me and my dad tried to talk to the sheriff but he wouldnt talk to him either.. i am only 16 and i have been looking thru speeding laws and so far im finding out 24 or more in ga gives u 4 points, thus enough to suspend your license, but my dad said that they said it was mandatory for me to lose my license for 3 months to a year, and i dont think its right because i wasnt going 24, i have never received a ticket since i have had my license, which im about to be 17 sept 5, and i never got in trouble at school and i have high grades.. im suppose to go to court 1nce in adel so they can tell me im guilty then down here to worth county so they can sentence me.. I really dont want to lose my license, and someone told me to plead nolo or something, but is there anyway there is a law that where i can have like a year probation before they sentence me and if i dont get any tickets they drop the ticket??? or something like that, they can give me all the probation they want because i never really speed and i always wear my seatbelt and such... i just need some help or i heard ill end up with 3 months to a year suspended license (which i cant afford because i have to get to and from school and work, and g/f's house), have to pay for defensive driving, community service (which i cant afford because i am always working and i wont have time) and thats pretty much it, help me please, i really appreciate anyone who will take there time to help me! thanks, josh

btw: i was lasered, i did ask for an accuracy check because i was shocked i was actually going that fast, he said it was cloudy and heavy traffic which is a lie but anyways thats more info

Georgia Speeding Ticket

91 in a 70 is a serious violation in any state. I can't believe that your Dad was in the car and didn't say anything.

Laser is extremely accurate and Georgia traffic courts are very tough. Moast states have additional penalties for minors but I am not familar with that part of Georgia traffic law.

This is probably a mandatory court appearance. Since you are a minor one of your parents or an attorney will have to be with you. Georgia does not enter tickets on your record if they are under 14mph. over the speed limit. You can also take a Nolo plea once every seven years and the points will not be assessed against your drivers license. However there will be insurance points. This may not be available since you are a minor.

My suggestion would be to at least seek the advice of an attorney. I know that you say about the cost but your insurance premiums will go up much more than the cost of an attorney. Normally you could expect a 3 to 4mph reduction on your own but I don't see how that will help.

You might want to consider making friends with people that have a car and will give you a ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back