TN Visa From Canada working in the US for 6 months..

Status
Not open for further replies.

racheldv04

My jurisdiction is: Canada

PLEASE HELP WITH INFORMATION!!

*Even if you could help me with minimal advice.. I would appreciate it soo much*

I am planning on going to the United States for 6 months to work. I was born and am living in Canada with a Canadian citizenship. I am a third year University student taking Business and have over 5 years experience in the Sales work force.
While in the Unites States I will be taking courses online through my Canadian Institution. (So, school through Canada but working the United States)
I will be moving to Florida to live with my Uncle (He's Canadian married to an American)

Here is my Information on my Mothers side:

· My Great Grandma was born in Minnesota in 1892 then moved to Canada in 1902.

· My Grandma was born in Canada but applied and received Dual citizenship for the US in 1995.

· My Mother was born in Canada but moved to Kansas at the age of 6 months, to 6 years old. (6 years) She has lived in Canada ever since and is a Canadian Citizen. She has never applied for Dual for the US.

· My Aunt (Mother's Sister) was born in the US and has Dual citizenship.

1) Is my Mother able / does she have to apply for Dual Citizen Ship status, in order for me to apply?

2) What are my chances of getting Dual or an appropriate work visa before I leave for the states on June.01.2009?

If anyone can just tell me information on how it will be possible for me to work in the States for 6months.. it would be sooo greatly appreciated!!!!!:)

I need to know; How to apply for Dual citizenship, or a WORK visa. (June.01.2009 – December.01.2009) Is when I plan on being in Florida!!! Thanks!!!!

Thank you very much for looking into this!!

Last edited:
I'm not sure if your mother can just apply for dual citizenship since she was naturalized. The same goes for you as you were born abroad. My guess your chances of being a dual citizen is zero by June 2009 since your mother isn't a US citizen. Changes in status also don't just happen overnight and can take quite a while. You're best off trying to obtain a work visa but it's not as simple as just putting in your application for a rubber stamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back