Parole, Probation Friend on Probation-Dom.A&B threatens physical harm w/o provocation

Status
Not open for further replies.

M809061

If someone (who you considered to be a friend) is on probation for a violent offense - Domestic A&B by Strangulation, and randomly threatens you with no prior incident or reason..

Should I report to his probationer that he has threatened me physically without provocation?
He threatened physical harm via the internet. I have screen shots of the conversations that took place over the 2 weeks prior to the incident that shows that absolutely nothing has happened since then and he has no proof of me provoking him, since I did not.

In November of 2007, he plead GUILTY to THREATENING TO PERFORM AN ACT OF VIOLENCE.

Upon the last time I visited, everything was great. In the midst of catching up, he mentioned that his new vehicle was registered and purchased in another person's name as to avoid having to lease a mandatory interlock device as a term of his probation.

Did you ever consider not having anything more to do with this "friend?"

I wouldn't do anything except stay away from the friend. Have no internet contact etc.

If you think he has done something illegal then report it to the police.
Otherwise cease contact with him or obtain a restraining order if you feel you need one.
His PO is unlikely to have any interest in what you report if it wasn't important enough to call police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back