Friend Had Motorcyle Accident W/suspended License And Motorcyle Permit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustang54

Neighbor had a motorcyle accident a few days ago. He was test driving his friends motorcyle. One block from his house he crashed into another car that was coming out of a side street. She stopped at the stop sign and the proceeded into the road. He was speeding, obviously. Skid marks on the road. Could not stop the bike dumped the bike, bike hit the car with very little damage to car, but the bike is ruined, and he was sent flying across the roadway. Has multiple injuries including broken leg and wrist. Found out by talking to his girlfriend he has No health insurance, a suspended driving license for not paying parking tickets, and no motorcyle license - she said he has a permit that expired. Was not wearing a helmet. It goes on and on. I told her to get a lawyer because the other woman's young daughter (11) sent to hospital for neck pain-- Even though she was standing still at the corner.

His girlfriend told me that she feels he had the right of way and said she is going to sue the woman. For what I don't know. But technically the way I see it he didn't belong on the road since he had a suspended license and no motorcycle license. What kind of trouble is he in? And she seems to think that the motorcycle insurance on the bike will cover all of his medical bills?
Is that true? She doesn't have a lawyer and said that they have no money to hire one. I came upon this site a few months ago and you have always been very good at your advice. I told her I would inquire for her. Any advice you can supply would be a help to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back