Deportation, Re-entry Frequent entry on Visa Waiver Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver

I am a UK passport holder. My boyfriend is a green card holder living in the US. Several months ago, I quit my job to take a year out to figure out what I want to do. I have been using that time to be in the US with my boyfriend. I fly in and out of the US (from the UK) about every 2 months on the VW program and thereby I am abiding the 90 day limit. However, the last 2 times I have entered I was taken for second interrogation and have been criticsed for spending too much time in the US and put under suspicion (although I was not working or studying, just being a tourist), despite showing a bank statement and return ticket to prove my ties with the UK. I am currently back in the UK. I'm worried that the next trip back I will be refused entry. Does anyone have any views or advice on this?

This is not legal Advise.

I feel you will come across this problem quite a bit, the reason being you are in and out like a yoyo! You cannot blame the immigration thinking there may be something going on.

Why do you not apply for a B1 visa? extended stay for six months. You can then address the immigration with your intentions. The immigration at the moment have no idea what your intentions are..Would you not be a bit suspicious.

The world is changing very fast and peoples movements and intentions are on a need to know basis and i am affraid the USA immigration "need to know".
This will save you time and not to metion money, in the long run.
Try to go with the system and all should be well.

A good site to visit is www.uscis.gov lots of information on there for you.

Good Luck

Muggsyj

This happens very often in exactly this type of cases, where an alien has a boyfriend/grilfriend in the US and uses the visa waiver practically to spend the whole year in the US.

Since this is not what the Visa waiver program is for many find out that after a while they are refused entry. There is no clear established number of days an alien can stay in the country without a special visa, but a pretty common way of treating this problem is using 180 days as the guideline. So if you spent 180 days in one year in the country, often you will not be given any more. Like I said, this is nowhere written down, but many INS inspectors use this rule.

You should try to obtain a B-2 Visa which would give you possible admittance for at least 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back