Fraternization and Adultery

leslie82

Jurisdiction
Other
I had this pop up and had kind of forgotten about it: General Blames Career-Ending Fraternization On All His Time In The Sandbox

I was trying to figure out having discussed with some other military - would the female CPT he was having a relationship with also get charged with fraternization or adultery? Or does the Army view that as she can't consent because he was in a position of power over her?

I think she should get charged too - unless there is proof he forced her into it.

Fraternization works one way- a superior over a subordinate.
Perhaps there is some other way to address the female, such as a reprimand, but it wouldn't be "fraternization" on her part.

I just had the thought reading the article and wondered if she got charged with anything as nothing was mentioned and someone else said they don't think they could even get her on adultery since it's a senior/subordinate relationship she couldn't consent.

Just a thought. I still can't believe he tried to blame it on his deployments...

I just had the thought reading the article and wondered if she got charged with anything as nothing was mentioned and someone else said they don't think they could even get her on adultery since it's a senior/subordinate relationship she couldn't consent.

Just a thought. I still can't believe he tried to blame it on his deployments...

That 2 star, who became a 1 star is an idiot.

General officers TODAY don't spend their time in theater like they did in Revolutionary War times, or even WWII.

They could always return stateside at their whim, and mst did/do.

Okay, Article 134 of the UCMJ is the catch all, against order and discipline, unit morale, unit cohesion, against the best interests of military service, etc...

UCMJ Art. 134 -

Adultery is the real crime, as in Article 134, too:

934. ARTICLE 134. GENERAL ARTICLE « UCMJ – United States Code of Military Justice

Article 134 is the go to article for many military prosecutions.

I never liked charging under 134, but service members know the deal, just don't do stupid stuff.

Fraternization is also a critter of article 134

Fraternization - When Does Friendship Become a Crime?

Notice what a high rank can do when caught red handed, or worse.

A 2 star gave one up and retires a 1 star.

His wife, if she's smart should divorce the bum and take half of his $10K a month retirement (more when the VA disability money starts rolling in and social sevurity adds another $2500 a month.)

He'll still get his office allotment for his staff assigned to him when he retires.

Fact is most general and flag officers make more money upon retirement than they did on active duty.

Tell that to a retired E6.

Congress screwed the pooch again back in '12 or '14.

That 2 star, who became a 1 star is an idiot.

General officers TODAY don't spend their time in theater like they did in Revolutionary War times, or even WWII.

They could always return stateside at their whim, and mst did/do.

Okay, Article 134 of the UCMJ is the catch all, against order and discipline, unit morale, unit cohesion, against the best interests of military service, etc...

UCMJ Art. 134 -

Adultery is the real crime, as in Article 134, too:

934. ARTICLE 134. GENERAL ARTICLE « UCMJ – United States Code of Military Justice

Article 134 is the go to article for many military prosecutions.

I never liked charging under 134, but service members know the deal, just don't do stupid stuff.

Fraternization is also a critter of article 134

Fraternization - When Does Friendship Become a Crime?

Notice what a high rank can do when caught red handed, or worse.

A 2 star gave one up and retires a 1 star.

His wife, if she's smart should divorce the bum and take half of his $10K a month retirement (more when the VA disability money starts rolling in and social sevurity adds another $2500 a month.)

He'll still get his office allotment for his staff assigned to him when he retires.

Fact is most general and flag officers make more money upon retirement than they did on active duty.

Tell that to a retired E6.

Congress screwed the pooch again back in '12 or '14.

I've read that his wife was living separate from him while he was messing around and that everyone knew about it. I'm not sure if by now she's divorced him. I hope so. He even says he's a father, grandfather and a husband. Why would you disappoint your family like this and embarrass them so badly?

Power corrupts some people. Especially at his level.

I wonder what the female CPT got out of it...and perhaps no serious punishment? I don't know why people ever think it's a good idea to mess around with someone who outranks them. Or to mess around with a subordinate. I don't even friend anyone I work with on FB until I leave the unit.

The article also indicated the true nature of the relationship was not verified, only suspected, so adultery probably isn't in play here for either party.

Just say NO.......
Always say NO.....
NO rarely, if at all, gets a person in trouble.
Even a toddler knows about NO, when they pull a tantrum, stomping their little feet, yelling, "NO, NO, NO. NO, NO....."

Back