Former employer out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonphotog

Former employer, hereafter referred to as PITA photographer is my former employer who is spreading lies about me and disclosing my personal info to others.

So, here are a few excerpts about things that this person has actually WRITTEN TO ME or ABOUT ME TO OTHER PEOPLE in e-mails.

This was written after I booked a dance that this photog expected to book.

QUOTE from PITA photog.
"You know..I am disappointed that I am not doing the dance..they come and they go...for whatever reason..but...what really hurts and offends me is that you continue to "stab me in the back"...you have no sense of honor....

You have told me in the past...:"it will only be weddings".....YOU ARE A LIAR!..justifiy it anyway you like.,...but the truth is that you are not a person of your word....and you are like the biblical whore who would compromise her values for the right price."

FYI: I said that I wanted to do "weddings only" *someday* because I love weddings so much, but I never promised to only do a few weddings.

This next statement is from a letter written to the entire board of directors of our local photog group, plus a few misc members of the group.

This photog is a former employer of mine, and insists that we have a "verbal" non-compete agreement, even though we do not have an agreement of any kind.

She (anon) continues to live and act contrary to everything she
once stood for. She has lied and embellished the facts and has no
conscience for her actions. Pertinent to the discussion is the fact that
she is/was recovering from a lot of personal problems which required
anti-depression medications (which she publically admits) that can blur
your rational thinking...and I have always contended that this medical issue
has been the root of most of her problems. She came to work emotionally distraught and despairing and was trying for 3 years to get herself stable. My family did all that we knew to do to help her during this 3 years. Until she turned on us and then began to launch an aggressive effort to use any and all information from my studio to begin her business and disregard any verbal promises.

No compete agreement aside....what kind of person would do this...?

FYI: I am REALLY PO'd about this disclosure of my personal info (depression & meds)!!!! Not only that, but I have not acted aggressively towards this person, or stolen info from their studio, or tried to steal clients.
I have done everything possible to differentiate myself from their business identity.

THis next quote is from another ex-employee of the PITA photog, who heard first-hand the things that were being said about me. This ex-employee wrote this letter to PPA for me as part of my proof for filing my complaint.

(PITA photog) has told me, not to mention several others, that Anon is a bad person and that PITA does not want Anon to succeed in her
business. Before I worked for (PITA), I was told by (PITA) that Anon was
dishonest, had no integrity, and basically that (PITA) had every intention
to "warn" everyone who had any contact with Anon. At the time I had not
met Anon and I already had this picture in my mind of this evil,
vindictive person who only wanted bad things for (PITA). I got the chance
to meet Anon in May of 2001, about a week or two after meeting with (PITA) about employment. Anon was very professional, polite, and truly a
genuinely good person. A few months later, in October, Anon was asked by
(PITA) to exchange services. Anon taught me how to be a (photo lab tech) printer in exchange for photographic services provided by myself, under (PITA's) employment. While working with Anon, my viewpoint was turned around.
Anon is a full-time mother, and an inspiring photographer. She knew of
(PITA's) ill feelings for her, but Anon did not retaliate in any way.
(PITA) had told me in front of customers that Anon_Photography was
only a cheap knock-off of (PITA) Photography and that Anon would never
amount to anything. The customers seemed to be caught in an awkward moment.
(PITA) has not only bad-mouthed Anon, but many other photographers in
the area such as (photogs 1,2,3 & 4)
I believe that (PITA) wants to hurt Anon's business and
personal life.

So.......I have a current complaint filed @ Pro Photogs of America against this photographer, and expect to hear from PPA within the next couple of weeks.

PPA's complaint procedure specifically says that if litigation is pending, they won't deal with the issue until the litigation is over.
So, I haven't hired a lawyer yet because I want to first see what PPA will do and I don't want to risk my complaint by getting a lawyer involved too early in the process.

I *did* call around a couple of months ago and I was told that unless I can prove that I've lost income as a direct result of this person's slanderous and liebelous statements, then I really don't have a case.

They told me that the best I could do would be to pay $50 and get a lawyer to send a "cease and decist" letter on legal stationery to this photographer, but if I do that, I need to be prepared to follow up in court if they don't stop.

<sigh>

I'm getting really, really, really frustrated!

Most of the time I can go about my business and ignore that person. I don't associate with them at all, and our paths rarely cross.
However, we do know a lot of the same people, and I'm sick of hearing about things that have been said, and reading untrue, distorted and mean-spirited things about me that have been sent out to many of our mutual friends and acquaintences.

This person wants to run me out of town, and told me that the only way they'll stop this behavior is if I stop pursuing my business in this market area.
If I stop, they'll stop.

Do I have a case? What can I do?

thanks,
Anon.

Originally posted by Anon_photog:
Former employer, hereafter referred to as PITA photographer is my former employer who is spreading lies about me and disclosing my personal info to others.

So, here are a few excerpts about things that this person has actually WRITTEN TO ME or ABOUT ME TO OTHER PEOPLE in e-mails.

This was written after I booked a dance that this photog expected to book.

QUOTE from PITA photog.
"You know..I am disappointed that I am not doing the dance..they come and they go...for whatever reason..but...what really hurts and offends me is that you continue to "stab me in the back"...you have no sense of honor....

You have told me in the past...:"it will only be weddings".....YOU ARE A LIAR!..justifiy it anyway you like.,...but the truth is that you are not a person of your word....and you are like the biblical whore who would compromise her values for the right price."

FYI: I said that I wanted to do "weddings only" *someday* because I love weddings so much, but I never promised to only do a few weddings.

This next statement is from a letter written to the entire board of directors of our local photog group, plus a few misc members of the group.

This photog is a former employer of mine, and insists that we have a "verbal" non-compete agreement, even though we do not have an agreement of any kind.

She (anon) continues to live and act contrary to everything she
once stood for. She has lied and embellished the facts and has no
conscience for her actions. Pertinent to the discussion is the fact that
she is/was recovering from a lot of personal problems which required
anti-depression medications (which she publically admits) that can blur
your rational thinking...and I have always contended that this medical issue
has been the root of most of her problems. She came to work emotionally distraught and despairing and was trying for 3 years to get herself stable. My family did all that we knew to do to help her during this 3 years. Until she turned on us and then began to launch an aggressive effort to use any and all information from my studio to begin her business and disregard any verbal promises.

No compete agreement aside....what kind of person would do this...?

FYI: I am REALLY PO'd about this disclosure of my personal info (depression & meds)!!!! Not only that, but I have not acted aggressively towards this person, or stolen info from their studio, or tried to steal clients.
I have done everything possible to differentiate myself from their business identity.

THis next quote is from another ex-employee of the PITA photog, who heard first-hand the things that were being said about me. This ex-employee wrote this letter to PPA for me as part of my proof for filing my complaint.

(PITA photog) has told me, not to mention several others, that Anon is a bad person and that PITA does not want Anon to succeed in her
business. Before I worked for (PITA), I was told by (PITA) that Anon was
dishonest, had no integrity, and basically that (PITA) had every intention
to "warn" everyone who had any contact with Anon. At the time I had not
met Anon and I already had this picture in my mind of this evil,
vindictive person who only wanted bad things for (PITA). I got the chance
to meet Anon in May of 2001, about a week or two after meeting with (PITA) about employment. Anon was very professional, polite, and truly a
genuinely good person. A few months later, in October, Anon was asked by
(PITA) to exchange services. Anon taught me how to be a (photo lab tech) printer in exchange for photographic services provided by myself, under (PITA's) employment. While working with Anon, my viewpoint was turned around.
Anon is a full-time mother, and an inspiring photographer. She knew of
(PITA's) ill feelings for her, but Anon did not retaliate in any way.
(PITA) had told me in front of customers that Anon_Photography was
only a cheap knock-off of (PITA) Photography and that Anon would never
amount to anything. The customers seemed to be caught in an awkward moment.
(PITA) has not only bad-mouthed Anon, but many other photographers in
the area such as (photogs 1,2,3 & 4)
I believe that (PITA) wants to hurt Anon's business and
personal life.

So.......I have a current complaint filed @ Pro Photogs of America against this photographer, and expect to hear from PPA within the next couple of weeks.

PPA's complaint procedure specifically says that if litigation is pending, they won't deal with the issue until the litigation is over.
So, I haven't hired a lawyer yet because I want to first see what PPA will do and I don't want to risk my complaint by getting a lawyer involved too early in the process.

I *did* call around a couple of months ago and I was told that unless I can prove that I've lost income as a direct result of this person's slanderous and liebelous statements, then I really don't have a case.

They told me that the best I could do would be to pay $50 and get a lawyer to send a "cease and decist" letter on legal stationery to this photographer, but if I do that, I need to be prepared to follow up in court if they don't stop.

<sigh>

I'm getting really, really, really frustrated!

Most of the time I can go about my business and ignore that person. I don't associate with them at all, and our paths rarely cross.
However, we do know a lot of the same people, and I'm sick of hearing about things that have been said, and reading untrue, distorted and mean-spirited things about me that have been sent out to many of our mutual friends and acquaintences.

This person wants to run me out of town, and told me that the only way they'll stop this behavior is if I stop pursuing my business in this market area.
If I stop, they'll stop.

Do I have a case? What can I do?
To be honest, it was a little difficult to follow what was going on because you make assumptions that we are familiar with the players and abbreviations. From what I've seen I'll say this:

1) A cease and desist letter from an attorney is nothing but a worthless scare tactic. You can do the same and send it certified return receipt.
2) If you go to court, be prepared to prove not only the statements were false, publicized to a third person, but also showing how much financial damage the have or could cause to you. You may win your case but be awarded next to nothing on damages (this sounds like it might be small claims size.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back