Forgotton Ticket, Need Help! (California)

Status
Not open for further replies.

parrothead77

I am an idiot. I totally forgot about a traffic citation I recieved in the parking lot at Qualcomm in San Diego prior to a football game in 2001. I just found the slip in the back my truck, and now I'm scared. I was living in Las Vegas then, and I had full intentions of dealing with it at the time. But I forgot... the officer write down the wrong zip code on the ticket and I never received a reminder notice. I would assume that there is a bench warrant out for my arrest. How can I deal with this with the least amount of potential penalty?

Violations:

23225 Passenger with open container
23116 Passenger in bed of pickup

What happend was that we were going to meet some friends before the game but were in the wrong section of the parking lot. Our friends were <200yds away, so my frind just hopped in the back of the truck to hitch a ride. Cop stopped me, I was very polite and cooperative and apologized for my mistake. I hadn't been drinking, in fact, I was the DD. I knew better than to do this on city streets, but since we were in the parking lot and only going a short distance, I figured it was no big deal. How wrong I was... Had I dealt with this at the proper time, it probably wouldn't have been all that severe. But now...

Perhaps you may want to contact the court and ask them what to do. I wouldn't tell them that you received the notice and was wondering whether the charges were dropped. Someone else can do the research for you as well, such as a friend or even better, speaking to a local attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back