Forged shares

Mihai

Jurisdiction
New York
I own a corporation with my brother in NYC. He is the majority shareholder and I am the owner of 25% shares in the company. After separating of my ex wife part of company documents and belongings were left at her place. When I tried to recover the company belongings she didn't want to return them . After going to police and filing a complaint she pulled out shares signed under her name, shares that neither my brother or I signed. I think she forged our signatures in order to say she was part of the business. The current situation is that she does business under company name without my or my brother permit. How can I prove her shares are not legit? She also forged the share registry proclaiming that is the original one.

How can I prove her shares are not legit?

That's easy. You file for divorce. Demand the documents during discovery. Hire a handwriting expert to prove the forgery. Get an injunction against her activities.

Hire a divorce lawyer if you don't know how to do any of that.

I own a corporation with my brother in NYC. He is the majority shareholder and I am the owner of 25% shares in the company. After separating of my ex wife part of company documents and belongings were left at her place. When I tried to recover the company belongings she didn't want to return them . After going to police and filing a complaint she pulled out shares signed under her name, shares that neither my brother or I signed. I think she forged our signatures in order to say she was part of the business. The current situation is that she does business under company name without my or my brother permit. How can I prove her shares are not legit? She also forged the share registry proclaiming that is the original one.

You're not posting from NY.
You're posting from the UK.

You're not posting from NY.
You're posting from the UK.

Or posting from NY using a VPN service that makes it appear that he's posting from the UK. Don't trust the IP data you get saying where the connection originates; it may not be accurate. Use of VPNs is becoming more common, so the possibility that the person not located where the IP data says he or she is located will likewise become more common.

Or posting from NY using a VPN service that makes it appear that he's posting from the UK. Don't trust the IP data you get saying where the connection originates; it may not be accurate. Use of VPNs is becoming more common, so the possibility that the person not located where the IP data says he or she is located will likewise become more common.

There's are apps for that.
Apps for what?
Apps that detect if one is employing a VPN.
Apps that I not only own, but regularly deploy.

Yes , I am posting from UK. Does this make a difference? The situation is the same. I own a INC registered in NY. And my question stays the same. My request goes for my American company not for my personal location in one country or another. Is this even relevant ? I am just wondering why does it matter where I am writing from :)

I am just wondering why does it matter where I am writing from

In this case it doesn't. Your ownership interest in the company is an asset that must be addressed during your divorce no matter where you are.

My response is still valid:

You file for divorce. Demand the documents during discovery. Hire a handwriting expert to prove the forgery. Get an injunction against her activities.

Hire a divorce lawyer if you don't know how to do any of that.

Back