Foreclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCHunley

My credit shows my house was foreclosed on years ago. However, I have never been served an eviction notice. I still pay taxes on my house. Do I have any rights to this house. Can I file to get the title?

My credit shows my house was foreclosed on years ago. However, I have never been served an eviction notice. I still pay taxes on my house. Do I have any rights to this house. Can I file to get the title?

You are confusing eviction and foreclosure.

If you owned the home, you can be foreclosed and required to vacate.

If you rented, you are evicted by a court after a proceeding.

As far as paying taxes on property someone else owns, you've been had.

Your bad.

If you were foreclosed upon, you have no rights in the property.

I was buying my house when I list my job and fell behind. When they no longer wanted to work with me I stopped trying. I figured they were gonna foreclose on me anyway. Although my credit shows they did foreclose I've never been informed. That was ten years ago.

I was buying my house when I list my job and fell behind. When they no longer wanted to work with me I stopped trying. I figured they were gonna foreclose on me anyway. Although my credit shows they did foreclose I've never been informed. That was ten years ago.

Who knows? No one here knows, that's for sure. Losing your job means nothing to the creditor. You still owe the money. I suppose that's why they began legal actions. Check with your courthouse. Check with the lender. Check with the sheriff (was the home ever sold). Check with the county agency that records deeds. Find out. We don't know, but you can do the legwork to get information you need. I suspect, if you're still living there, your case fell through the cracks.

You might be able to assert an adverse possession claim. One thing is for sure, whatever you see on your credit report has no effect or standing under the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back