Foreclosure Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laureen1962

I am going to loose my home to foreclosure. I live in upstate NY. My mortgage holder is WAMU. I currently owe $5100 and have no way to pay it. It began with being layed off from my job. I managed to keep up while on unemployement but I spent my savings too. I fnally had to take a job that paid much less then my previous job. I went from $17.60 an hour down to $10.00 an hour. I wasn't behind on my payment but was struggling. I was current on my land taxes but fell behind on my 2007 school taxes so the bank paid them (this was 2008) and said I had to pay it back immediately. I couldn't so they re-did my mortgage. It lowered my payment but when they did it they paid my 2008 taxes also which were not behind.They escrowed my taxes and said that it now gave me a huge short fall to catch up. So they made my new payment almost double my old payment. I told them I couldn't make that payment. By Jan 2nd I decided I needed to try for help so I sent in a bunch of documents to WAMU to try to get help, the fax number was on their website. I didn't know that fax number wasn't being used anymore as it was where the site directed me. They would call meand I told them I sent the documentation in but it took them to Feb to tell me a correct fax number. That was Elsa. I ended up having to fax everything to different people a total of 4 times before it finally was being dealt with and it took 2 months to get this done. Then they said I was missing a document which I sent in. They said I didn't make enough to qualify for a modification and they were going to proceed with foreclosure proceedings. I resent them more paperwork showing my boyfriends income as he lives with me. I didn't include that at first because his name is not on the mortgage so I didn't think I should include it. I don't know if it will help but I can't wait for them to tell me no again or it will be too late.I explained to them I could pay the mortgage with the single escrow in it but it was all the extra escrow charges for the short fall that I couldn't afford but they don't seem to listen or maybe they can't. Is there anything I can do. I was just served foreclosue papers today but I don't even understand what it says. I am 46 years old and I am just at a loss. It is like my life has turned upside down. I have struggled all my adult life, I was a single parent and raised my son on my own. I finally got to a place in my life that I was getting somewhere. I was never going to be rich but I wasn't always having to worry. When I was layed off it just destroyed everything. I am crying all the time and don't know how much more I can take. Losing my home would be the last straw. Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back