forced medical leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHeadBuddhist

My employer has asked me to take a paid leave of absence until the end of my contract (3 months more) by providing a medical certificate, when I am not sick at all. As I see it, they are asking me to lie, or get a false certificate, or make my doctor lie. Can they do this?

My employer has asked me to take a paid leave of absence until the end of my contract (3 months more) by providing a medical certificate, when I am not sick at all. As I see it, they are asking me to lie, or get a false certificate, or make my doctor lie. Can they do this?

Are you an employee, or are you working as a contractor (hired by an agency) to work at a client site?

What is the rest of the story? For example we had a really sucky school administrator they wanted to get rid of finally. They removed her from her principal position and put her in charge of online school and detention until her contract was up.

Why are they asking you to take a paid leave of absence? Is there no longer any work for you?

I have a feeling we are only getting a small portion of the real story. There is nothing illegal about asking for medical certification in order to provide the benefit for 3 months off with pay. However, employers do not just go around at random asking employees to get a doctors note so they can pay them to not work for 3 months, especially if that employee is meeting all expectations and not exhibiting any signs of a medical condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back