FMLA on paid suspension

They can request it, yes. Whether or not they would be eligible to receive it would depend on details you have not provided.

Requesting is not getting, and eligibility for FMLA is set by Federal law.

Can someone request FMLA while on paid suspension?

IP address Il. (though doesn't mean for sure employee works there)
Of course an employee can request it but that doesn't mean it will be approved. We don't have much information/details here.

Since FMLA is a Federal law the state is immaterial.
I know FMLA is a federal law (as you also posted in your 1st post) & that the state is immaterial. OP posted another thread (different question) where I looked up IP address so I just posted it here also. OP is always asked when starting a thread to post state.

(Some states do have their own version of "FMLA").

IL has laws permitting paid leave for several circumstances, but for medical leave they follow Federal.

Just for the record.

There is no reason to request FMLA if already off work and being paid. FMLA provides job protection only as far as would exist had you not taken leave. If you are terminated as a result of whatever got you the suspension, FMLA will not save you.

IL has laws permitting paid leave for several circumstances, but for medical leave they follow Federal.

Just for the record.
True re Il. but some states do as I said. (Employee in this case might not have worked in Il. - we don't know. I live in Il. but worked in Mo. I was saying you can't always go by IP address in all cases.)

That's true - some do. I can't think of any states bordering IL that do, though.

However, since the OP does not seem inclined to come back and answer any questions, and since I think Elle has put her finger on the issue, I'm not inclined to worry too much about it until or unless he does. :D

Back