Florida Divorce

LisaPa

I just was wondering if maybe some could help me with a question. My husband of 10 years has left our home and moved in with a neighbor, yes they sleep in the same bed. My question is this considered abandonment? We have no children together or in the home. His items are still in the home I live in. Can he still just come and go as he pleases? I am filing for divorce but need to get a few more dollars together. No he does not help me pay the house hold bills.

Thank you in advance for replies.......

Yes, he can come and go as he feels right up until a court says he can't.

Is the house yours? His? Both?

The house is only in my name.

Can I change the locks? That's what I really want to do. Kinda creepy he is next door.

Last edited:

Can I change the locks? That's what I really want to do. Kinda creepy he is next door.

Of course you may change the locks.
Then, he of course, will likely file some sort of legal action against you.
Will he be successful? Who knows?
You could put YOUR home up for sale, then move out.
I'd pack up all my stuff, vacate my home, and start cleansing my thoughts of the lout.
Then I'd put the home up for sale, retain a divorce attorney and seek to sever ALL ties with that philanderer.
Living next door to those two for even another week would certainly bother me.

Don't waste your time selecting and proving a cause of action for divorce, because its so much simpler and quicker to file for a "no fault" divorce.

Plus, you can "do it yourself" avoiding the expense of a lawyer, leaving you money for those new locks, should you choose that route!

http://www.divorcelawinfo.com/states/fla/florida.htm

http://www.floridabar.org/tfb/tfbco...67090070c9b9/50c0b911a9cb28fd85256b2f006c5ba9

https://www.rocketlawyer.com/article/how-to-file-for-no-fault-divorce-in-florida.rl

You're not in such a tough pickle, nevertheless, it's most vexing to say the least.

Last edited:
Agree, file for divorce as soon as possible. You also might want to consider moving - you probably don't what to live where you are considering what is going on next door.

NO you cannot change the locks, despite being told that you can. He will not be forced to leave until a court tells him to. THEN you get to change the locks.

OMG he just called to see if we could work things out!!!!!! LMAO he is off his bean.

Lisa, promise us - please! - that you're not going to play his game! You deserve much, much better.

(We've seen this SO many times. Break up, one party realizes that he might lose financially, persuades other party to try again at relationship....)

No way...... I know to many people who fell for that line. I will post in a few weeks when I know things are moving forward with my no fault divorce.

Thank you again!!!!!!!!

Now he wants spousal support!!!!!!! Who does that?

For the record I make 30,000 per year and will retire soon.

Last edited:
Back