Making a Lease Florida Contracts

AnzAngel

Hello, I'm a first year college student about to move out to Fort Lauderdale, I will be getting a roommate and wanted to know about contracts. I want to be adequately prepared and prevent any financial issues when it comes to renting out the 2nd bedroom. What are the requirements for a document to be considered a contract that is binded by law to be followed through with? I've read that it has to be signed with both parties completely conscious of the contract and signing. Does it have to complicated or can I make it fairly simple?

Hello, I'm a first year college student about to move out to Fort Lauderdale, I will be getting a roommate and wanted to know about contracts. I want to be adequately prepared and prevent any financial issues when it comes to renting out the 2nd bedroom. What are the requirements for a document to be considered a contract that is binded by law to be followed through with? I've read that it has to be signed with both parties completely conscious of the contract and signing. Does it have to complicated or can I make it fairly simple?

If you seek zero legal issues, don't be a roommate, or take in a roommate.

You can't create any contract that can't be breached.

You also can't collect from a deadbeat when he or she breaches the contract.

Most people looking to be roommates are scammers, or worse.

Be smart, don't risk your life living with someone you don't know.

So, rent yourself a room, and avoid problems.

If you want to be sure the contract is written/prepared correctly, you can always run it by a lawyer.

However, I agree with army judge that a contract can always be breached & having a roommate many times doesn't work out & even if you know the person.

Back