Personal Bankruptcy flexshopper

WILLIAM MERRILL

Jurisdiction
California
i have had an acct with flexshopper that i defaulted on due to the pandemic. i have called and e-mailed these idiots about taking there stuff back from me so that i am no loner responsible for it. FF 3 months later they never sent me shipping lables for me to send there stuff back to em. so would they forfeit ownership after a certain time period since i made the effort to send em there stuff back???

FF 3 months later they never sent me shipping lables for me to send there stuff back to em.

As far as I can tell, they have no obligation to send you shipping labels.

so would they forfeit ownership after a certain time period

No.

since i made the effort to send em there stuff back???

No, you didn't make any effort to send the stuff back. Sending stuff back means paying for the shipping. Besides, you defaulted. My guess is that Flexshopper has no obligation to credit your account even if you did send the stuff back. As of now, you just owe money.

Take a close look at the terms of service. I don't think you will win this.

Notifying them doesn't end your obligation. You're required to actually get the stuff back to them in good condition (after having made the required payments). They don't have to arrange that shipping for you, nor does your obligation end if you already owe them money that you've not paid.

i have called and e-mailed these idiots about taking there stuff back from me so that i am no loner responsible for it.

Taking what stuff back? Why do you think that would make you no longer responsible for it?

would they forfeit ownership after a certain time period since i made the effort to send em there stuff back?

There is no way for anyone not familiar with your legal arrangement with this entity to provide you with any useful information, and you provided no information in that regard. Maybe others are familiar with this entity, but who knows.

Just to clarify for the OP it looks like FlsexShopper is a rent to own rent-to-own outfit.

1 On this site, we use the terms "lease," "lease agreement," "rental-purchase agreement" and "agreement" the same. (We usually use the term "Lease.") Under your Lease, you can: (a) make 52 weekly payments or exercise an Early Purchase Option to acquire Ownership of the rented goods or (b) rent the goods for at least the initial term and then end the lease when you want by making all required payments and returning the goods. In NC, the final payment required to purchase the rented goods will be an amount greater than 10% of the Cash Price.

How does the Lease work?
With your Lease, you are agreeing to make weekly payments for at least the initial lease term, which may vary by state but ranges from 7 days to 29 days. If you rent the goods for at least the initial term and you give us proper notice, make all of your required payments and return the item in good condition, the Lease ends and you have no further obligation to us. The Lease continues until you end it early or make all required payments for 52 weeks. In NC, the final payment required to purchase the rented goods will be an amount greater than 10% of the Cash Price. You acquire the goods if you make all required payments for 52 weeks or exercise your Early Purchase Option. Simply refer to the table in your Lease to look up the Early Purchase Option amount.

Can I return the goods?
You cannot return the goods during the initial lease term unless they are defective. However, if you rent the goods for at least the initial term and you give us proper notice, make all of your required payments and return the item in good condition, the Lease ends and you have no further obligation to us.

Yep, those terms are what I based my answer on. Telling them to "take their stuff back" doesn't cut it, he must:

1. Be beyond the initial term (first few months depending on the item),
2. Get the items back to them in good condition,
3. Be up to date on everything he owes on it.

If these aren't met, the rental continues to accrue.

Back