FLA Law on new vehicles that have been wrecked w/in the 1st 6 months of ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

newgirl

I'm just wondering if anyone knows the current law for the state of Florida regarding the following: if you purchase a new vehicle (2008 Toyota Sequoia) and were in a wreck during the first 6 months of ownership (an 18 wheeler ran us off the rode into the median on the interstate and kept going!), is there any law that says that you can get a new vehicle (the key being during the first 6 months of ownership and alot of damage)? So far they have estimated over $18,000.00 dollars worth of damage, and they're not done. Nobody was sighted for this accident and we do have full coverage through Allstate. Also, in Florida it appears that even if the frame is bent insurance still repairs the vehicle instead of totalling it? I'm only asking because this vehicle cost us a fortune and someone mentioned this to me and told me to look into it. I'm new to Florida and I'm not sure about Florida Laws yet. Your help would be so extremely appreciated.

Thank you,
NewGirl

Tags:
Auto, Insurance, Repairs, Law, Motor Vehicle

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back