FL PreConstruction Condo

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLCondo

What is the name of your state? Florida

I signed a contract in 2004 to purchase a condo in preconstruction in south Florida. 6 months after siging that contract I received a letter stating that the developers were unable to get the financing needed and the deal had fallen through.

Apparently a year after this, the developers did get the financing and they began reselling the condos. I never knew about this and I never signed anything after the inital contract a year prior. I threw all of the paperwork out about a year ago when I moved, since it didn't seem to be needed anymore.

A month ago I got a call from what I think was the developer. He called from a blocked number, refused to give his name or phone number, he just said he's with XYZ Developers and I need to close on the condo within 20 days. When I told him the last I'd heard about the deal was in a letter saying it had fallen through from them sent about 4 years ago he denied that. He told me if I don't close he'll sue me. Then he said he had my contract in his hand. I asked what the date was and he just said "2005" but wouldn't give me a day. I told him, "No, it was early 2004 when I signed the contract, fax your copy to me so I can see what you're looking at." He replied "It'll be on your lawsuit so you can see it then." And hung up, leaving me no way to get back in touch with him.

Today I received the Summons and the contract attached has my signature forged on it in two seperate places. It's obviously not my signature, it doesn't even resemble my hand writing. What they've done is forged my signature on a new contract to try to force me to purchase one of these condos. Apparently they're suing over 50 people who are in similar situations.

My question is this, have they committed a felony? It seems similar to identity theft. They've created a false contract, signed my name to it, and are now suing me based on that forged signature. What can I get out of them in court for this? It makes me so mad that I'd really like to see them do jail time over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back