Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant First time arrest 17 year old

Status
Not open for further replies.

laur4555

Hi all,
I am a concerned mom and just trying to find some answers. I will try to be as brief as possible.

My daugher, who has never been in trouble in her life, was arrested today due to an indicent that involved a school assistant principal. She basically blew up at him due several years of issues with this man. In both the previous issues, he was wrong and was supposively "talked" to because his behavior changed. He has made accusations as her which were false and I was able to verify this. There have been stories about this man and his treatment towards the youth. Very disturbing information.

For the last couple of weeks, she was put into a new situation where he was the chaperon for the group of teens. She has been biteing her tongue until yesterday where she finally lost it. He suspended her from the bus because she was walking to the schools property and was not on property yet and told her she was trespassing. She told him she was not even on school premises yet so how can she be tresspassing. Instead of her just listening she told him that when she got on property she would not leave per the rules. She tried to get on the bus and he told her to get off of the bus as as she was walking away she cursed at him and spit towards him. Yes, I know that this was not a good choice on her part and very wrong. She was not raised to be like this.

So, today they arrested her as a misdemedor. Because he was a "school official." Tomorrow she has to go in front of a hearing with the judge.

I have read a little on the 1st offender rules. She has cried since the time she has been in there. I think it is a lesson for her and hard for me but I know that it is probably the best thing for her to learn from.

My question is should she ask for the 1st offender plea? How does all this work? I am clueless and I don't even know what all this means and where this could go. She is so young and made a stupid mistake that I am so scared this is going to stay with her for the rest of her life because of her being dumb. Do I need to get a lawyer?

I would appreciate any thoughts?

Very upset and concerned mom....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back