Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse First Offense: Possession of Marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldarius

I live in North Carolina.

I've looked up a lot of things retaining to the subject. Okay here's my case. Was driving through town late at night, wasn't smoking or rolling anything. I had maybe a gram or less in a cellophane (however it's spelt.) I'm not a habitual offender, nor do I get in trouble often or at all. I was pulled over for my tag light being out, then they could smell it on me from where I had smoked it about an hour earlier at friend's house. I didn't lie, didn't deny that I had anything on me. I told him it was in my pocket and didn't give them no hassle or problems. Cooperated with them and everything, as in being polite and not an arse, saying yes sir and no sir and even helping them out before they would ask to search certain things. I'd already showed to prove I didn't have anything else to hide.

This is my first offense. I was curious, if i could get a prayer for judgment for something like that. My friends are saying I should get a court appointed lawyer (or a lawyer in general, but I can't afford that) for this and that I shouldn't go in there without for a marijuana charge. As I've stated before, I'm not a troublemaker. I smoke pot to help my appetite because if anything, I only eat once a day without it. May sound like an excuse to some but I'm a very picky eater. Anyways, any help will do. Just don't be like, "30 days in jail and a fine," I don't think that is how it's going to end up. I may get the fine (that's all I hope) and community service. I'm not sure because I'm not used to going to court. If I were to ask for a prayer for judgment, how would I go about doing it? I'm not a minor, I'm 24 years old.

If I do not get an prayer for judgment, should I ask for a continuance? I have bills and what not, so I may be short the money. I get paid on Saturday when the courts are closed. Do you think they'd be able to extend me paying the rest till a Monday if I were to ask? I know for a fact I'll have about $250 bucks on me by the time of my court date next Thursday. Court Cost in NC is $121. How much do you think it will end up total?

Thanks for the help to those who respond.

Last edited:
What statute number are you charged under?

The officer put:
Did possess less than 1/2 ounce of marijuana, a controlled substance which is included in the schedule VI of North Carolina Controlled Substance Act.

G.S. 90-95(a)(4)
-----------------------------
Then he put this below it on another set of lines.

Did knowingly possess Drug paraphernalia to wit in a small plastic bag (ciggeratte cellophane).

G.S. 90-113.22 (a)

those are the statutes, or I'm guessing that's it. General Statute? I assume that's what it stands for

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. Should I plead guilty? Can get a prayer for judgment? or what? I'm little confused. I'm not used to going to court so I don't know what to expect. Or more than likely know how to word what I need say. I know I'm asking for a lot. Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back