Fired

V

Vince Perkins

Jurisdiction
Illinois
I was fired from Walmart after 13 years of service.I was asked by Managers,employees,and customers for my service.And in the end I was fired.I worked for Walmart in Joliet IL.I started working in sporting goods.Then I transfered to overnight stocker.I worked overnights for a couple of years.Then I went back to sporting goods working 1st and 2nd shift.Then I was transferred to toys for unknown reason.They simply took me out of sporting goods without any reason and put me in a different department (toys).I worked in toys for a few years.And again was told I have to work in another department (Hardware).In the time I worked in toys I had Managers,employees,and customers ask on occasion for me to look for certain toys for them.Collectables or hard to find hot wheels,sometimes hot christmas items.Well in 2009 I was asked to find a ZHU ZHU pet for a associate.Our iventory said we had 4 instock for a couple of months.I looked almost everyday for these toys.I could not find them.Then about a week before christmas I seen them on a palet.As soon as I seen them I called my co worker and told him I found them.He was very grateful and ask me to put them by the register so he can them.5 min later I clocked out and went home.I come to work a couple of days later.As soon as I clock in they called me in the office and told me I was fired for understocking.And the crazy thing was the manager had asked me to look for a toy just like the employee.He asked me to find him a batmobile hot wheel car for his neighbor.Not to mention a dozen other employees and hundreds of customers for the same favor.Its really overwelming!I lost my job And I was crushed right before christmas.It was my sons first christmas.I lost my pay My Vacation and personal time.I pleaded my case with HR.Nothing,they said it was not a rehirable offence and I can reapply in 3 months.I searched for work for 2 years.I applied a different walmart in a different town 20 miles away.They started my pay $4.00 less than I was making and were only hiring part time.I took it.I needed work.I started working in sporting goods.And It bugs really bad when I see employees do the same thing I did.Like hold something for a customer.Or a associate will put a item aside to pay for it later.Its a bunch of crap.I just bite my tounge and not say anything.I need my job and dont want to lose it again.I would love to sue them for damaged they caused me.Im a hard worker and I did not deserve what they did to me.

Sorry but this was not an illegal termination. In at-will employment you can be terminated at any time for any reason except for a reason prohibited by law such as religion, race, gender......or unless you have a binding employment contract to the contrary.

Even if you believe it is unfair, unfair does not always equal illegal.

Back