Fired due to framing

Status
Not open for further replies.

lieutenant201

I was fired from my job for something I did not do - someone in my organization got access to my computer and did things against company policy. I have no proof as to who did this, but I have some ideas. Also, my supervisor has made disparaging remarks about me in the past, in front of other coworkers. I never reported him, but now I wonder if I have any legal recourse? Part of my firing may be due to the fact that my supervisor does not like me and did not stick up for me.

Do I have any legal recourse against the suspect? Although I do not have much concrete proof, I do have character witnesses to the possibility of this person committing the fraudulent actions.

As far as the termination goes, do I have any legal recourse? My state is an "At-will" employment state.

Also, my supervisor has made disparaging remarks about me in the past, in front of other coworkers. I never reported him, but now I wonder if I have any legal recourse? No. Your supervisor is free to voice his opinion about you even if his doing so to your peers is less than professional.

Do I have any legal recourse against the suspect? Although I do not have much concrete proof, I do have character witnesses to the possibility of this person committing the fraudulent actions. Without proof that this person framed you, the answer is no. Individuals testifying that "Joe" is of low moral character and therefore may have been the one to violate company poliyc is of no value.

As far as the termination goes, do I have any legal recourse? Sorry but no. If the employer believed you were guilty of misconduct, they were free to terminate your employment even if they are mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back