Fired and now they are calling me

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmar

:confused: I was fired in December for a bogus excuse, but it is my understanding I can't do much about that due to the fact of it being an "at will" state. My problem is that 3 weeks after my termination, they are calling me leaving me v-mail about a bill that is due to be paid for local advertising. This is not the first time I used local advertising and I had permission both times to do so from District Managers. The problem is that the company I worked for is denying the bill and calling me, I suppose wanting me to pay and the District Managers who approved, no longer work for the company (by choice). I have not spoken to the company as of yet, but I have talked to the 2 previous DMs and they say ignore the calls because there is nothing the company can do because I am no longer a representative with the company and I have already been terminated and there is nothing they can do. Is this true? I just need peace of mind... I want it all over.

Thanks,
J

It appears from your statements that at the time the local company was contracted for advertising, you were a representative of the company doing the contracting. The advertising didn't benefit you personally; it benefited the company. I would ignore them, but if you have documentation of having permission, keep it and in the future, whoever you work for, get documentation for permission for anything that the company pays out for on your request. You may want to seek legal counsel if they keep contacting you as it may constitute harassment. The contracted company may have to take your ex-company to court for payment and you could possible be named if it's your signature on the contracts. However, as I said you did not personally benefit, the company did and you were a representative of the company at the time the contract was signed. If this happens, seek counsel.

thanks

thank you for your rapid response. I felt like it should just be over with.

Thanks,
J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back