Fire damage and losses

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnhoney

HI: My daughter lives in Kingman Az. She is renting a house .There was a fire in the kitchen due to faulty wireing or that the dishwasher was the cause. this is what the fire department had put in there report. know one was home at time of fire except her animals , she lost her kitten, and her dog is in the vet. she lost most of here kitchen stuff . the refrig. microwave ext. smoke damaged cloths ,furniture
and bedding.Or if any other things don"t work dew the heat of the fire. She doesn't have renters insurance, Is the owners home owners insurance libel for her losses,and pain and suffering . and time off work. she had asked the owners about the dishwasher before ,because the breaker kept popping off and that her neighbors had the same problem. she was not at fault in any way. thanks

Last edited:
What does the lease agreement says regarding renters insurance? Usually, landlords have a clause on the lease which states that in the event something happens to the personal belongings in the property, that responsibility will fall on the tenants hands. I would have your daughter consult with an attorney to see what are her options regarding the loss of her kitten and her dog's veterinary care bills as well as the pain and suffering. I don't see this in your posting but I am hoping your daughter's request when it comes to the repair of the dishwasher was made in writing. That will be a crucial piece of information that will help enhance her case. Hope this helps!

This is why renters insuracne is so important, and it is so cheap. She will now have to file a claim with the LL's insurance company but keep in mind that since she is not insured they are going to nickle and dime her and they probably will not want to cover time off work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back