Financial ID Theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

sassygurl17

Hello all.

In 1/2005 I moved out of the residence of my ex boyfriend and his mother in MA and back in with my mom in GA. I found out after getting my own apartment in 1/2007, that my name/social had been used to open gas, electric and 2 phone accounts registered at the address of the ex's mom in 5/2006. I was really shocked because even though the guy and I had broken up, I was still close to his mom. We talked on the phone weekly, I confided in her, we were friends.

Here it is 2009 and I am still working to clear these accounts, which total $3473. My credit score is in the low 500s. This situation has left me depressed, stressed out, upset and unable to trust others. I am sure my ex knows what she did because they are VERY close, I blame him just as much as her because I shared a bedroom with him (where my personal information was stored). Not only did they rob me of my good name, the ex is a deadbeat father, who refuses to get a job just to avoid paying the court ordered child support. His mother provides for him, enabling him to avoid supporting his children. I want them brought to justice. How can I have them prosecuted for the crime they committed and can I recover damages for the emotional pain and distress they have inflicted upon me and the children my ex refuses to support? Having such a low credit score and so many negative accounts leaves me being denied from everything, including housing, credit and much needed employment.

Last edited:
I understand that I personally cannot prosecute them, and that's the job of law enforcement (I hate when people respond with that). My issue is getting the authorities to investigate since filing the incident report.

I understand that I personally cannot prosecute them, and that's the job of law enforcement (I hate when people respond with that). My issue is getting the authorities to investigate since filing the incident report. :confused:

When did you make the report? The info you gave shows that this happened a few years back. Did you report it right away?
Have you contacted the credit agencies to report fraudulent accounts and identity theft?

I disputed the accounts with the creditors and with Equifax and filed a report with the police in 2007 when I first found out, then there were only 3 accounts showing. I foolishly thought that alerting 1 credit agency would resolve the issue with all 3.

Now I've done my homework. I have a security freeze placed with all 3 agencies, disputed the accounts with all 3 agencies and the creditors, filed a new police report and filed a complaint with the FTC as of last week. I don't simply want this erased, I want these criminals either in jail or paying restitution, or both.

After you have filed with the police, what do they do? How do you get the crime investigated?

If they feel they have enough information to work with then they will investigate it. If it seems weak then they may do nothing.
Your best bet is to hope it will be erased. Proving who used your information to open the accounts will be difficult. Was it the ex? Was it his mom? Could be tough to tell. Just do your best to prove that it wasn't you.

RegistY mortor vehicles DMV NEGLIGENCE, CLASS ACTION

I was a resident of Boston MA. then relocated to another state which I have resided for the past 6 years, I just recently discoverd the registry of DMV has issued a license to another person with all of my personal information. my license where I reside has been suspended due to criminal activity from the person the DMV issued a license to with my SS, DOB , I filed a complaint and police report in the city and state where I live now and also to the Boston police Dept and the attorney generals office.

I recently was reading the Boston Herald news paper and discovered that several employees of the division of motor vehicles DMV has been under investigation for license sale scandals on several different occasions 2006 and now 2010, the culprit that obtained a license from the DMV has collected welfare benefits which I also filed a complaint, ruined my credit by opening a bank account, credit cards and criminal activity.

Can the DMV be liable and negligent or who should I hold accountable for this disaster I m in. I thought when you sign your name on the license it is a contract to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back