Financial Advisor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleSong

Jurisdiction
United Kingdom
After my father passed away (2014), I put my inheritance in the hands of an independant financial advisor in 2015.

I have requested I have everything back, with it being paid into my bank account. Yesterday the advisor informs me that it would go against their advice for me to take everything. Should I insist on doing this, they would terminate our client agreement and I would have to contact the various companies that have my money.

Their Terms of business say nothing about the client having to get the money back. I have paid my fees and even agreed to an additional charge for them to check if I would have to pay tax and to get it all sorted for me.

I kept repeating to the advisor that it is my money and therefore I want it back and they are contracted to handle my money.

Where do I stand with this?

Grateful for any help.

After my father passed away (2014), I put my inheritance in the hands of an independant financial advisor in 2015.

I have requested I have everything back, with it being paid into my bank account. Yesterday the advisor informs me that it would go against their advice for me to take everything. Should I insist on doing this, they would terminate our client agreement and I would have to contact the various companies that have my money.

Their Terms of business say nothing about the client having to get the money back. I have paid my fees and even agreed to an additional charge for them to check if I would have to pay tax and to get it all sorted for me.

I kept repeating to the advisor that it is my money and therefore I want it back and they are contracted to handle my money.

Where do I stand with this?

Grateful for any help.
This is a United States Law site.

If you think the financial advisor is doing you wrong, there seems to be two regulatory agencies that you might get help from: The Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.

I've had my dog for years. My neighbour decided to get a cat only recently. Even made the suggestion that maybe we would have to have a rota of which was out at a given time. Then said her cat wouldn't be allowed out when dark. We said our dog liked to come and go into our garden.

When dark, her cat came into my garden. It fought with my dog. Both ended up at vets.

Now neighbour says my dog will have to be muzzled whilst in my garden. She is also mentioning her vet bills, although hasn't asked for me to pay them. I also had vet bills.

Advice please.

I've had my dog for years. My neighbour decided to get a cat only recently. Even made the suggestion that maybe we would have to have a rota of which was out at a given time. Then said her cat wouldn't be allowed out when dark. We said our dog liked to come and go into our garden.

When dark, her cat came into my garden. It fought with my dog. Both ended up at vets.

Now neighbour says my dog will have to be muzzled whilst in my garden. She is also mentioning her vet bills, although hasn't asked for me to pay them. I also had vet bills.

Advice please.

As you were told last time, this site is for United States law only.

There are numerous resources about dog liability in the UK. I don't have time to read them all. I suggest you study them all.

uk dog bite law at DuckDuckGo

In the US, depending on the state, she could be liable for your vet bills for failing to keep her animal under control. You'll have to study up on how it works in the UK.

Did your dog get the better of the cat? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back