final divorce agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmgbb1

I'm divorced over three years now. The final divorce agreement stated that each party had to pay half of a business law suit. The client pursued my Ex-Wife because she is the wealthy one. After two years she settled with the client for half of the amount owed. I was not informed of any settlement activities or involved in the settlement. She turned around and got a judgement against me for the full amount settled. Since then she also obtained with the help of the court to garnish all of my accounts (even a joint account I had with my girlfriend). All the monies in the accounts were paid to her. She persues me every 3 month in court and files for money and attorney fee's. The court granded her the attorney fees and I'm hold in contempt of court because I don't have the monies to pay for it (I'm unemployed since 8 month and don't receive unemployment comp.). I'm living 280 miles away and they always asked me to be in court by person. I filed to appear by phone and the judge denied it because my Ex don't agree with it. I don't have the financial means to appear in person at court. Now her attorney want's to get me arrested, being transported back and put on work release to pay off the attorney fee's. I appealed the judges decision with the 4th district court 1 week ago. 2 days ago I received a order setting commitment hearing with the court issuing a writ of bodily attachment for my arrest if i don't appear personally. I don't have the money to drive there. I pleaded with the court over and over to allow me to appear by phone. They don't consider my financial situation (also they have a financial affidavit).

My questions are:
1. should I be responsible for the full amount of the settlement or 1/2 as agreed in the final divorce agreement?
2. Is this an intend to defraud (fraud) by my Ex Wife?
3. If so, will I be responsible for all the attorney fee's of her's for continueing
to make me pay for it?
4. How can I avoid being incarcerated for this?
5. How can I stop her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back