Filing lawsuits in Small Claim Court - Homeowner vs Homeowner's Association

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairness

After many years with complications of retention pond within very short distance from my home and the Homeowners Association NOT maintaining properly and many years of the Board of Directors stonewalling, intimidating, etc. and this does NOT count non-compliance with State Regulations and HOA being 'called' on these actions. I contacted SJRWMD which most likely caused them NOT to 'like' me anymore??? I was the person out of the whole community (affected with horrible algae, scum, chemicals having to be used regularly (which eventually I reacted to with health issues). NO maintenance of common areas behind me which I paid dues for. Weeds NOT being controlled, water inlets left in disrepair (causing holes - liability issue?). The community had irrigation for the common grounds except NONE in the area behind me. Also the distant area of the pond aerated for water movement but NOT the area near my home. Too many issues to mention. There were chemical application reports NOT furnished me which was requested by my allergist for further testing (Recent Bill 7119 Fl effective 7/1/13 could help?) I am a single elderly woman not able to afford an attorney and need HELP !!! This has been a challenge for me as you see and I'm tired but still pursuing getting this filed in small claims court (pro se). If anyone out there knows of an atty to assist me with statutes, case laws, etc. PLEASE let me know. I'm on SS with nothing left but my home which can't be jeopardized???
I've done my homework - many pictures, copies of evidence, etc. Not only for my sake but I would like to be a part of bringing TRUTH AND JUSTICE to others.

You might try contacting the building & zoning commission in your area to see what they say.

You can file in small claims court without an attorney. However; if you need help with your case, you can try contacting your local legal aid society, local or state bar assoc. or local law school if there is one to see if they can refer you to an attorney who will work for free or for a small fee. We can't refer you to a specific attorney or law firm.

After many years with complications of retention pond within very short distance from my home and the Homeowners Association NOT maintaining properly and many years of the Board of Directors stonewalling, intimidating, etc. and this does NOT count non-compliance with State Regulations and HOA being 'called' on these actions. I contacted SJRWMD which most likely caused them NOT to 'like' me anymore??? I was the person out of the whole community (affected with horrible algae, scum, chemicals having to be used regularly (which eventually I reacted to with health issues). NO maintenance of common areas behind me which I paid dues for. Weeds NOT being controlled, water inlets left in disrepair (causing holes - liability issue?). The community had irrigation for the common grounds except NONE in the area behind me. Also the distant area of the pond aerated for water movement but NOT the area near my home. Too many issues to mention. There were chemical application reports NOT furnished me which was requested by my allergist for further testing (Recent Bill 7119 Fl effective 7/1/13 could help?) I am a single elderly woman not able to afford an attorney and need HELP !!! This has been a challenge for me as you see and I'm tired but still pursuing getting this filed in small claims court (pro se). If anyone out there knows of an atty to assist me with statutes, case laws, etc. PLEASE let me know. I'm on SS with nothing left but my home which can't be jeopardized???
I've done my homework - many pictures, copies of evidence, etc. Not only for my sake but I would like to be a part of bringing TRUTH AND JUSTICE to others.

Rule number one: If you wnat FREEDOM, never buy a home in a location that is controlled by HOA NAZIS.

As far as truth and justice, no one cares.

Its all about the money these days.

No attorney will take an interest in this

Back to rule number one, you can't beat the HOA Nazis unless you're rich, very rich.

The good news for you, if you're a senior citizen receiving social insecurity, your home is safe.

I suggest you pay them their tribute, and ignore them.

Stay in your home and on your property, and let them do whatever it is they want to do.

Don't poke a hornet's nest or a sleeping bear.

I didn't read that long note.

Based on her post though, I don't know if I would want to live there but she may not have much choice. There seems to be some health problems being caused to OP etc.

Based on her post though, I don't know if I would want to live there but she may not have much choice. There seems to be some health problems being caused to OP etc.

I don't know. I have no power to do anything. If I thought that was at play, I'd work with my LOCAL, ELECTED and STATE OFFICIALS to see what they could do.

Maybe she could contact a TV station - just a thought. I know people do that.

THANK YOU ALL very much for your help and most of all support. I am new at this but will sign on often to hear what you have to say!

Army Judge Thanks for your help!!! On SS you say home is safe, however, could a lien be put on it? What about IRAs? I have only SS income.

I don't see any reason why you should have to be concerned about your SS, IRAs or a lien being put on your home. They aren't suing you over anything.

Could they turn it around and IF I am NOT prevailing party, could they sue me for their attorney fees. I'm afraid of the risk, however, believe in the suit in small claims court and want to go forward????

The defendant can always countersue, or seek reimbursement of costs and attorney's fees. It's all up to the judge. All things have risks.

Thank you.... Yes it is a risk with no guarantees!!! All of this has helped put things in perspective...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back