Filing Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

legalfilings

Last year I began seeking child support from my daughter's father. I have filed all the necessary forms with the court beginning in August of 07. I moved and unfortunately did not receive the notice of dismissal in February. To date this is what I have filed.
08/07/07 - Sensitive Data Sheet, Sumons, Complaint, Order Defferring Court Fees, Application Deferral/Waiver, Ord. & Notice Attend Parent Inf.
10/08/07 - I received Notice of Lack of Service
11/23/07 - I filed Affidavit of Service Registration/Certified Mail
12/11/07 - Did not receive but learned later - Notice of Placement of the Case on Inactive Calendar and intent to dismiss.
02/05/08 - Filed Application and Affidavit of Default
02/29/08 - Received Order Dismiss Lack Prosecution.

It is now August again and I have no clue what to do or where to go from here. My daughter's father has now moved again, and I do not know how to reinstate the complaint or whatever this is called at this point. I have no legal back ground and I am not financially in a position to hire an attorney. When I filed everything through the court they provide little to know explanation on what to do next. Can anyone please help me to complete this filing?

Have you contacted your state's Child Support Enforcement agency in your area? Most will help with the court paperwork and locating the father for a reasonable fee.

Without knowing what state you live in, it will probably be difficult for anyone to tell what forms need to be filed.

First, Thank you for your response!

I'm sorry I live in the state of Arizona and the father lives in Texas. I called Legal Aid yesterday and got an automated response that the court library supplies packets......lol Not much help since that is what lead me here. I have thought about hiring an attorney on a contingency basis but at 40% I cannot really afford that either :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back