Filed wrong county what do I do??? HELP!

Alice Lewis

Jurisdiction
Texas
Obviously he doesn't realize that he filed in the wrong county. I just figured it out myself. He filed and I didn't even know until days after someone was trying to serve me at my family's residence in a city 340 miles away from our home. He filed approximately the same distance away in the opposite direction from our home. He filed in the county he's been working in. He hasn't changed his residency until last month and all of a sudden it's to a county right out side the one he tried to have me served at. So neither of our residencies are anywhere close to where he filled. About 12 hours away. There has been TRO's and I even called hired and sent an attorney to court to try to get this issue resolved and all that happened was an agreement was signed and put in place that I did not agree too by the lawyer I hired. What do I do now!!! He got conservatorship over even my personal property. He can do anything he wants and I can't do squat with our finances. He's not paying the bills that are in my name but has been paying them for 15 years! He isn't even making sure I have what I need. Which is from what I understand law. I've been a homemaker and he's been the bread winner for 15 years. I am unable to work and can't get benefits because my husband makes too much money and he won't give me the nesseccary funds to survive on. So much chaos it's unreal. I can't even get an attorney now because he has all the funds. Please can anyone help!

A good attorney can be paid out of the money he holds sway over.
You might not physically have a penny.
The lawyer can get paid out of the marital assets.
You can't get help online.
You can get help by visiting attorneys in person, explaining your problem, asking for a legal solution, engaging the attorney to help you, then waiting.

The lawyer can get you EMERGENCY SPOUSAL SUPPORT.

Again, ask a lawyer about how that can be done.

Usually, it can be done within 24 hours.

Good luck.

Back