File Harassment Charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssaravana06

Hello:

I would like to know if I'm entitled to file harassment charges against my tobe ex-wife for the below given situation.

My wife and I were married in June 1999 in Omaha, NE, US. I filed for my divorce end of March 2004 in Omaha. Currently I live in Illinois. My wife signed the divorce papers mid April 2004. Sometime between this period, she sued me back in India and managed to seize all my bank accounts in India (checking, savings, fixed deposits) and also claiming major ownership over the apartment-home in India. Basically all my assets in India are under scrutiny by the court and I cannot touch them until the case is over.

As far as the assets in the US are concerned, I'm willing to give her everything and all I want is divorce. Basically I'm not contesting for anything here in the US.

Now she is just dragging the divorce case here in the US by not cooperating to the discoveries. In the discovery I had sent them a reply saying no documents pertaining to the assets in India will be provided since she had already initiated a case in India and all assets are under courts review at this time and we have provided every single detail to the court in India. Her attorney came back with a reply saying that I have not provided any documents and they will be file a motion to make me produce those documents if I didnt, within a given date. I told my attorney to have them file the motion and we will explain to the judge about the case in India and there is absolutely no necessity to review those assets here in the US again. My attorney sent that letter.

After a month and half of not responding, her attorney came back again and said the exact same thing "produce the documents" or else we will file the motion. This really furstrates me. In the meantime my attorney has explained to them several times about the situation in order to move the case along and they are just ignoring all our requests and not filing the motion. My attorney has filed a "certificate of readiness" at this time with the court so we can get a trial date.

This is very clearly an act just to delay the divorce and drive me crazy. It is very clear that she is doing this purposely. Its been almost 9 months since she signed the divorce papers and so far we have had just one hearing which was several months back. Because she is not cooperating in any way and wanting to fight for the assets in two different places, this definitely seems to be harassment case to me.

I would like to know if I'm entitled to file harassment charges against her at this time.

Regards,
Saravanan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back