Other Immigration Law File for DNA test in USA court

Status
Not open for further replies.

markc21

My friend, Dominican woman living in Dominican Rep. has a baby with US citizen. They never been merit.
Fathers name is not on the birth certificate and baby does not have his last name
The father is in the USA. But we only know his work address and cell phone number. We do not know his home address, passport or ss #. He has not support baby.
Mother would like to file with the court an order for a legal paternity test and also for financial support.

My question is:

Is this is possible in international case or we will be wasting our time and money
How can she file with the USA court from outside the USA, can I-as a third person- help her to hire attorney or use public services?
I'm in Philadelphia and baby's father is in Illinois?
Can we supine him at his work place?
What will happen if he will be out of office or will not work for them any more, when sheriff will deliver supine-do we need to pay sheriff again?

Thank you.

Mom needs to file in Illinois in order for the court to order a DNA paternity test.

YOU cannot do anything - except perhaps find an Illinois-based family attorney for Mom and perhaps, if she cannot afford one, help her pay for one.

Dad will need to be served correctly and this is why Mom needs an attorney and probably eventually a process server.

One thing though - until there is a court order for child support, Dad has never been legally obligated to pay a dime.

Thank you very much for your rapid and clear answer. Looks like we need to give up and let it go.

Thank you

Nooooooooooo...that's not what I said :)

The child is entitled to be supported by both parents...I do advise that she at least speaks with an attorney to see how difficult or hard this will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back