File an appeal complaint in PA

Stu60

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
My small claims court decision has been appealed by the defendant. I need to file a Complaint. How do I go about this so as to legally satisfy the court? Are there any sample forms or guidelines available? Should I hire a lawyer? This is in Pike County Pennsylvania. Thanks!

My small claims court decision has been appealed by the defendant. I need to file a Complaint. How do I go about this so as to legally satisfy the court? Are there any sample forms or guidelines available? Should I hire a lawyer? This is in Pike County Pennsylvania. Thanks!
File a complaint about whom or what?

File a complaint about whom or what?
The poster is using proper terminology. When there is an appeal of a justice court (small claims) case in Pennsylvania, the original plaintiff needs to restate the claim in a "Complaint" within 20 days.
If you don't do this, the entire case is dismissed.

Now that you're in common pleas, I would indeed recommend an attorney. While the complaint is pretty much similar to what you used in justice court, it would behoove you to assure it is valid and properly formatted at this point. The good news is that if the appeal is frivolous, you can ask for legal fees.

Back