Visitor, Guest fiance's father

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixie

My sister just recently purchased a home with her fiance. His father is wanting to move in because he is unable to manage his life. The fiance says it will only be for 2 weeks (but this is not believed by anyone). If he moves in, can my sister say he has to leave after 2 weeks, or does a contract or some sort of agreement have to be signed? She is afraid since the house is in her AND her fiance's name....that he can say his father can live there whether she says no or not.

If he moves in, the ONLY way to get his lazy arse out will be to endure a very long and troublesome eviction proceeding.

I say suggest an alternative.

Pay for him to live in a hotel for TWO weeks.

Pay the hotel/motel directly.

Let him register using his name, not yours.

Don't pay using a credit card in your name, let your stupid fiancé do that, or suggest paying the hotel in cash.

If he breaks or steals something, it'll be charged to the credit card on file.

If you sign anything, you're on the hook.

Have the broken down bum sign his own paperwork.

Or, gift him the cash equivalent and wash your hands of the mess.

But, don't let him move in, he'll never leave on his own.

He will run you away.

A home is not a hotel, a guest house, a hostel, or a flop house.

We don't permit any over night guests in our home.

We suggest hotels for some, and pay for hotels for others.

If you allow the camel's nose to sniff under your tent, sooner, rather than later; the camel will be in your tent.

Last edited:
Agree with army judge. Follow his suggestions. When someone wants to move in for a short period of time, these things generally never work out. They will not leave & you have a big problem getting them out by having to go through the normal eviction process which takes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back