K Visa Fiance visiting-is turning him away possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzie

My finace wants to visit me for 10 days here in America. He is Irish(Rep of Ireland) and lives in Scotland. He has a criminal record all of which took place outside of The U.S. -6 months ago Drunk Driving, 3 years ago Assault, 5 & 8 years ago Robbery. Is it possible he will be turned away at U.S. Customs?

My finace wants to visit me for 10 days here in America. He is Irish(Rep of Ireland) and lives in Scotland. He has a criminal record all of which took place outside of The U.S. -6 months ago Drunk Driving, 3 years ago Assault, 5 & 8 years ago Robbery. Is it possible he will be turned away at U.S. Customs?

Do you have some kind of death wish?:no:

Nevermind. I figured it out. :)

He would be turned back if his offense does not meet the petit crime exception. If he is lucky it would not flag in the system. But if you have a criminal record, you need to visit the embassy before coming to the US. The visa waiver does not work with certain criminal records.

Thank you mafioso. He is calling for an appointment with the Dublin office this week. The visa waiver will most likely not apply with his record, and he does not want the possibilty of being turned away at customs. So, applying for a visa it is.

Not only is the concern of him being granted a visa for America, but if he applies for the visa and is then denied, is it possible he will be in the system and then flagged when entering into Canada to visit his son.

Regarding the deathwish comment: Since the poster has no information other than the facts I'd given, it would seem maybe I do. Short and simply, thank God for a change of heart, an abundance of resources, support groups, rehabilitation, and a daily walk with God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back