Fence, dogs, setbacks, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgmc

Wall and fence was built 40-50 years ago surrounding our property and others. We are the same nighbors for past 50 years.

Situations: The wall and fence was built 8 feet on their property and now they want it back. With city inspectors involved etc, they were told they can move the fence up against our patio (built 35+ years ago) without any setbacks which would of meant tearing down our patio.

Current Problem: They are ready to rebuild the fence and they have asked us to tie up our outside dogs (4 of them). These dogs ages range 10+ years and younger and are not used to being tied.

What is our rights, We do not want to tie up our dogs 24/7 until they finish up this long project we lost without going to court. Don't we have the right to tell them they have the hours of 9 to 5 Mon - Fri. to work on the fence. After hours they will have to provide some kind of fence so the dogs are allowed to guard our property and run free on our property after working hours.

Thank you.

jgmc said:
Wall and fence was built 40-50 years ago surrounding our property and others. We are the same nighbors for past 50 years.

Situations: The wall and fence was built 8 feet on their property and now they want it back. With city inspectors involved etc, they were told they can move the fence up against our patio (built 35+ years ago) without any setbacks which would of meant tearing down our patio.

Current Problem: They are ready to rebuild the fence and they have asked us to tie up our outside dogs (4 of them). These dogs ages range 10+ years and younger and are not used to being tied.

What is our rights, We do not want to tie up our dogs 24/7 until they finish up this long project we lost without going to court. Don't we have the right to tell them they have the hours of 9 to 5 Mon - Fri. to work on the fence. After hours they will have to provide some kind of fence so the dogs are allowed to guard our property and run free on our property after working hours.
Can this really not be worked out? I'm also not sure whether the request is meaning required. I'm not sure why your dogs need to be tied up on your property, unless you are telling me that ythis is requiring the tearing down of a common fence. Is this the case? Can you provide more details?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back