Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion Felony warrant

Roger Martinez

Jurisdiction
California
I happened to call the courts to confirm a court day for a moving violation. Upon speaking to the clerk over the phone she had advised me that I had a felony warrant for burglary. I would have never been aware of this should I have not called. In addition, I have not been contacted by the police. What do I do?

I happened to call the courts to confirm a court day for a moving violation. Upon speaking to the clerk over the phone she had advised me that I had a felony warrant for burglary. I would have never been aware of this should I have not called. In addition, I have not been contacted by the police. What do I do?

You contact a lawyer, or a bail bonding agency.
You work with your lawyer to to turn yourself in, and the bail bonding agency to arrange your bail in case you don't get released on your signature and promise to appear.

If you can't afford a lawyer, turn yourself in, don't discuss the case if the cops want to talk with you about it, simply say, "Sorry, I want a lawyer and am invoking my right to remian silent."

Then no matter what, smile and say NO. Why? Because, sometimes the cops will ask more than once, or use trickery to get you to blab.

Back