Federal Defender vs. Hired Attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopeless2010

Just curious to know anyone's thoughts on keeping a federal defender vs. hiring an attorney.

My federal defender use to be a federal prosecutor and seems to know the in's & out's of the system and plenty of the judges, especially the one I'm in front of. The only exception is that my FD treats me like a criminal, like a child even.

If I go to trial I'm not thoroughly convinced he will fight hard for me. There are some many details and discrepancies with my case that I'm not sure he'll take into consideration. Guess I need some reassurance.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Just curious to know anyone's thoughts on keeping a federal defender vs. hiring an attorney.

My federal defender use to be a federal prosecutor and seems to know the in's & out's of the system and plenty of the judges, especially the one I'm in front of. The only exception is that my FD treats me like a criminal, like a child even.

If I go to trial I'm not thoroughly convinced he will fight hard for me. There are some many details and discrepancies with my case that I'm not sure he'll take into consideration. Guess I need some reassurance.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

If you are not comfortable with him and you can afford to hire your own attorney then I would do so. This is your life you are dealing with here. That said, It is in his best interest and by law he must defend you to the best of his ability and surley he will. Good luck.

If you doubt your federal defender, heed those doubts. Speak with a couple of other private attorneys and see how you feel about them. You may just be apprehensive about the whole affair. Either way, it won't cost you anything to investigate your options. Then make the decision that works best for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back