feces backup

Bloodsucker39

have had three different occasions of feces back up in my bathtub. Two within a week. No urgency in last report to clean up was told that i would have to wait till next day for maintenance to look at. This is very contagious for Hep. A, E. Coli. C. Diff what is my recourse

have had three different occasions of feces back up in my bathtub. Two within a week. No urgency in last report to clean up was told that i would have to wait till next day for maintenance to look at. This is very contagious for Hep. A, E. Coli. C. Diff what is my recourse

You can work with the landlord, if you're renting.
If the landlord seems slow to react, you can contact your county health department, and local building inspectors.
Its your health, and if the landlord was slow to react, you could call a plumber and pay for the repair.
Or, you can STOP using the facility and go to a hotel until the repair is made.
Face it, if you're low to moderate income, you have few choices that will rapidly remedy your situation.

The last thing you want to consider is a lawsuit.
That is full of more feces than your bathtub.
Plus, it takes much too long.

Whenever I found myself behind the EIGHT BALL, I was nice, kind, not above begging for help.
Begging might not work, but it can never hurt.

Last edited:
" This is very contagious for Hep. A, E. Coli."

Gruesome factor aside, you do realize this isn't contagious unless you handle the product (and in terms of the Hep A there's to guarantee it came from someone carrying this virus; it may actually be your own toilet drain backing up into your bathtub).

Gail

Back