Father rights, child support, visitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My boyfriend walked out while I'm 16 weeks pregnant, he cut off all contact and he dosent look like he will be around thru this pregnancy and child birth. He cheated and I assume he is with this person now, he was hoping I would get an abortion and mentioned doing DNA first which I'm not worry about. My main concern is what will happened once this baby is born? What rights he will have to a baby he obviesly dosent care about? I will include him on birth certificate as a father but my baby will have my last name for sure? I will take him for child support and if he proofes he can care for this baby I don't mind share custody as I think he needs to be a dad to his baby and vice versa. Do I need to get a lawyer for all of this? It's a big mess as I never expected to be a single and pregnant after spending 6 long years together. I'm very confused and scared as I wish he could step forward at least to be present at the appointments . I would like to know how court looks at future dads like him that walk away and show no Intrest just to show up when the pregnancy is over to play a dad . It's not fair to us as being pregnant is wonderful but also tuff and lots of obstacles when single and not sure what future holds. I would appreciate any help to easy up my mind. Thank you.

My boyfriend walked out while I'm 16 weeks pregnant, he cut off all contact and he dosent look like he will be around thru this pregnancy and child birth. He cheated and I assume he is with this person now, he was hoping I would get an abortion and mentioned doing DNA first which I'm not worry about. My main concern is what will happened once this baby is born? What rights he will have to a baby he obviesly dosent care about? I will include him on birth certificate as a father but my baby will have my last name for sure? I will take him for child support and if he proofes he can care for this baby I don't mind share custody as I think he needs to be a dad to his baby and vice versa. Do I need to get a lawyer for all of this? It's a big mess as I never expected to be a single and pregnant after spending 6 long years together. I'm very confused and scared as I wish he could step forward at least to be present at the appointments . I would like to know how court looks at future dads like him that walk away and show no Intrest just to show up when the pregnancy is over to play a dad . It's not fair to us as being pregnant is wonderful but also tuff and lots of obstacles when single and not sure what future holds. I would appreciate any help to easy up my mind. Thank you.

One step at a time. Right now, just focus on delivering a healthy baby and by all means take care of yourself.

You're full of hormones now and you're upset. Who wouldn't be. After the baby is here, you can work on support and all that.

If dad seeks some form of visitation, then shared custody, he'll likely get it. For the next three or four years, you'll be carrying the heaviest load, if that's the way you won't it.

Okay, forget the legal junk. Focus on healthy eating,meditation, exercise, rest, and see your physician regularly. That little baby is spending on you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back