Father n divorce gets screwed WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jimmyhaffa

I'm tired of being a second handed parent.. going thru a divorce n tarrant county 324th court. My wife left after I found her texting another man, child molester but can't prove any relationship between the 2. I filed due to not being able to see my 2 boys, 4 and 5. She has not met all the guidelines per the temp orders, I had an attorney till he told me the best I can get is standard visitation... I'm not wealthy, he'll I had to move back in with my parents to pay all the bills due to her not having a job.... I GIVE UP.. I am not a perfect man, father or husband at times, but I have been faithful, loving and financial stable for my family... I want 50% time to be a father to do home work to care for and be there as a father, if I don't get this what is due as an equal partner n the marriage.. QUESTION Why do the head of the house, usually the father get the short end of being what r kids need n their life?

You'll have to seek what you require in your divorce.
Men and women are treated fairly today in child custody and divorce cases.
When one feels cheated, they usually failed to contest the matter properly.
Good luck.

Until our culture encourages fathers to be fully involved in their children's lives (that includes taking them to the doctor for well visits, staying home when they are sick to take care of them, and being there for the activities of daily living) like the culture expects mothers to do, men will continue to get 'the short end of the stick'. Why do you think women earn less then men? Because women take time off from work to take care of the family.

web search... rights for fathers you will find several places that could help. Some of them have been built by attorneys that fight for the reason you talk about.

As stated above there are "Father's Rights" groups you can contact to get advice on how to share equally in your children's lives. Yes the system is unfair but it snot as bad as it use to be. When I left my EX nearly two decades ago I took kids with me filed for Divorce and sought custody. I won and have had kids all this time. Search these groups, consult other Lawyers as well. You can also visit the link in my signature line there are other parents there who can share their stories with you as well. I know of a few Father's there who got custody or equal custody who can tell you what happened to them and what they had to do. http://www.parentnook.com/forum/ site is connected to this site (hosted by it)

It does seem like fathers have to fight harder but you can fight and get more rights.

I have found in discussions similar to this one on ParerntNook forums that when a Father fights for his rights he finds himself pleasantly surprised by results. where this may not mean a total win for Dad is seems to be a victory even if all he requested did not come to be. Courts are much more friendly towards Dads than they use to be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back