Father in jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldfish1

In Florida a court granted me the right to move to Texas and gave the father web-cam visitation and supervised visits well over the guidelines. It has been several months since i moved and he has called a hand full of times and has had web-cam visits twice. She was suppose to go for Christmas visitation when i found out that he was in jail. Due to his incarceration i didn't send her. Can i be held in contempt even though he is in jail? The visits are supervised because he is possibly bi-polar and he has now been arrested for drug charges. I know that he has a drug problem but was unable to prove it to the court during the case. Should i be able to get sole custody of my daughter with these new events? Or will i have to continue to lie to her, telling her that he must be busy, there is no telling how long he will be in jail at this time, but will these arrest help me in getting sole custody?

It might help you get sole custody, but you still are required to co parent with him and he still will be entitled to visitation. He actually does not have to use his visitation. So I am not sure what getting sole custody will do, you ave already moved and have already limited Dads contact with the child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back