Corporate Law family partnership gone awry

Status
Not open for further replies.

hselizabeth

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding a business dispute with a bank. My brother in law and brother became partners in a wholesale uniform business. In order to open the account...my brother in law asked me to open an account as a secondary signer at commerce back so they can deposit all the money the make in it. After i moved away from home and my brother was out of town for a few weeks he decided to end the partnership and took my name out of the account and all the money! I went to commerce bank to get the documents for that time period the account was in my name but they did not give it to me. I dont know how he could have terminated the account without my notificaition especially since i was a signer. Can I take legal action?; doesnt the bank have to give me the documents for that time period since it was in my name even though the account may not be in name now? If so, do you know any lawyers in NY who can help me with this case and get paid only if I win this case. I signed the account with two other people...my brother in laws brothers...if he did need to take my name off the account with my authorization....the only thing he could have done is use my sister since she looks exactly like me. Please help me with the situation as soon as possible. This took place about 9 months ago.
Thank you,
T.A.

what is the best course of action? my only concern is that my brother in law is still married to my sister, with children, and this has already taken a huge toll on my immediate family- my parents and brother. i would like to deal with this without taking legal action but i am afraid i am left with neither a choice nor much time. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back