Family law in CA. Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I need help desperately!
Have/Had ? A DV restraining order 3 years exp 10-2013. Three months ago violated a restraining order. I received police report of such. I called my attorneys office and left a vm with the info. Our son age 14 was yet again present during his fathers rage.I just found out that eight days after the violation
He files for early termination and expungement. The DA never sent me notice regarding his request nor did they inform me that I have the right to be present and address the judge if I so desired. Some how my attorney had knowledge of my ex's request to the court. He also recived a print out from the court clerk's office for confirmation.
BUT NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT THIS.
About two weeks after this we were scheduled to take my husbands deposition at my attorney's office. on the way to my attorney's office while in the car I phoned his office and ask to speak with him for just a minute. He came to the phone I told him I was 5 min a way and if he would do me a favor and remove the few heavy objects from the desk in his conference room?
I was actually afraid to ask him this. But afraid not to he was a little puzzled by my request but then he he realized what I was asking him to do and he said no problem. during my attorneys questioning he asked a question regarding my husband being in court not too long ago I didn't understand the terminology and was overwhelmed with the questions back and forth and answers and did not give it a second thought. during our lunch break my attorney mentioned that my husband went to court couple weeks prior and address the court he was interrupted by opposing counsel coming into his office and the conversation ended. it was a very long day position and the conversation with never brought up again.
a couple weeks head went by before I ask my attorney to continue the conversation he had with me before we were interrupted.*he was extremely nonchalant and very passive about this information I was stunned and extremely uneasyas well a little irritated. the next day I went to the court house made an appointment with the DA to see exactly what was going on and where I stood. I was informed that he was granted early termination expungement and I no longer with protected with the original restraining order I received a new restraining order that day. my question is doesn't my attorney have an obligation to inform me of this information that he had prior knowledge of?
I've asked him numerous times and he will not respond is this legal is this right.
I'm wondering now what else my attorney isn't telling me. this has left me so unsettled that I haven't even told my attorney that I was given a new restraining order.where do in court in 2 weeks. please if someone can let me know if my attorney had or has an obligation to inform me of this type of information.

Your attorney should keep you informed of information you need to know/should know. You will probably have to ask your attorney any additional questions you have. I'm not sure how we can help you. If you believe your attorney is not doing his job for you as he should, you can file a complaint with the state bar assoc. & get a different attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back