Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Family issue with harrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnk

I live in Minnesota, my younger sister lives in North Dakota. Until a few years ago we had a fairly amiablr relationship. We talked on the phone several times a year, saw each other once a year, usually for 45 min to an hour in a restaurant with her family. Not a really close relationship. In 2009 she arranged a ride for me to Wadena Mn for a family Easter. Her daughter decided not to drive up because she was working 2 12's that weekend, and with driving, would get no sleep. I have an email from my sister stating that her daughter was the one that decided not to drive. The next year, I was not invited to a hastily planned Easter , hastilly planned because her daughter was getting married the next week-end. My birthday fell in between. My sister did not call me on my birthday, on Easter, when she returned from the wedding, etc. When we had last talked in early Feb, she had mentioned a concert her younger daughter wanted to attend in Mpls. As I heard nothing from her confirming those plans, knew she had taveled the previous two weekends, and had heard from my other sister that they were planning on coming to Mpls for a tournament, but my other sister was not sure of the date. I had been having health problems for a few weeks, have SAD, and cyclical depression, specifically around my birthday, my deceased daughters birthday and mothers day. My friend said that as long as my sister had not called to confirm, she probably wasn't coming, and my friend did not want me alone all week-end, especially with my dominent arm in a sling. Well, I blew it. Forgot the charger to my cell phone, which I don't use very often, so is often uncharged in the bottom of my purse. When we did touch base, she started accusing me unjustly, and inaccurately. She wanted to know what she had done to make me not call her, so I told her all of the things she had done, which started a war. She has never accepted criticism, whether from family or employers etc. Any way, if I respond to her questions, inaccuracies, or her version of events, I get a barrage of ugly emails. If I don't respond, I get a barrage of ugly emails. or mail. I have asked her to stop. Another ugly barrage of mail and emails, with accusations going back over 40 years. That one was her fault, but she only remebers that she had to apologize. What can I do to get her to stop before my MS has an exaserbation?

Do not respond to any more of her e-mails & maybe she will eventually stop.

You might consider blocking her e-mail address or changing yours.

Re regular mail, ignore it & do not respond to it & maybe it will stop.

If you believe you are being harassed by the e-mails, you can report her e-mail address to her internet service provider.

If you allow others to bait you, they easily are able to manipulate you.

We all have relatives that are hard to tolerate.

If you keep your distance, they can't disturb your peace, serenity, and tranquility.

We weren't allowed to choose our relatives as children. As adults, you're free to choose.

That said, ignore her. Don't allow her to spoil your peace.

I'd rather be alone 24/7, than spend 20 minutes in the presence of some of my relatives.

That said, I steer clear of those quarrelsome people.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

After reading your predicament, I recall this often hard to follow piece of advice from the Bible, in Proverbs 25:21 (also in Romans 12:20) -

"If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat, and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink, for you will heap burning coals on his head, and the Lord will reward you."

Your unexpectedly positive response will at the very least surprise them.

Obviosly I have tried this for many many years, always being the "good girl" Mom's words, and letting slights, abuse, and inaccuracies, inconsistanceies, etc.. Go. However, after ignoring her last insult, she has now involved my youngest sister, and brother. Neither will hear my side, and this does affect my relatioinship with my nieces and nephews who have to chose. Am I supposed to just not have a family raltionship because my younger sister is a bitch?

Obviosly I have tried this for many many years, always being the "good girl" Mom's words, and letting slights, abuse, and inaccuracies, inconsistanceies, etc.. Go. However, after ignoring her last insult, she has now involved my youngest sister, and brother. Neither will hear my side, and this does affect my relatioinship with my nieces and nephews who have to chose. Am I supposed to just not have a family raltionship because my younger sister is a bitch?

You need a relationship counselor. You have a personal problem, not a legal issue. Try writing to an advice columnist in a newspaper or a magazine.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back